Gun + control settings confusion

Hi all,

Trying to sort out my gun convergence settings once an for all. Have a couple of preferred loadouts already - but would like to use them across all types.

I have downloaded a RAF settings covergenace tool from ATAG (think Red linked to it) to do it the easy way.

However - after running it - it wants a user.ini in my MyDocs/1C SoftClub/Mod folder which I don’t have. (there is one in the vanilla 1CSoftclub folder but it is blank).

I have a Control Settings file saved as TimsSEttings.ini which has key commands mapped - but that has no convergence settings.

If a copy the ‘blank’ user.ini from the vanilla folder to the MOD folder - is it safe to write the convergence settings to that? (what I don’t want is it overwriting my key or graphics mappings and me then having to re-do all key settings + controls).

Confused here as multiple locations for settings files and multiple files!

Flash I’m sure there was something in the read me docs about the correct folder to write too, and there’s the utube video for the load out manager as well

Stevie

Is it ConfUser.INI or just User.ini (something like that anyway) Vortex had the same problem - the file was missing. There is one in the main install folder too, but this does not seem to make a difference in game.

There is a thread about convergenace settings etc here.

User.ini in my documents/1csoftclub/cliffs of dover - mod

User.ini is all about ammo, convergence, aircraft squadron markings, weathering etc.

conf.ini is all about graphics, sound and mapping of controls.

@Flash, if the loadout manager asks for a user.ini file, look for the one in the cliffs of dover - mod folder as described above.

Also, the user.ini and conf.ini files that are valid are those under my documents. The same files in the main game folder are obsolete and not used.

Cheers chaps

I’ll just try copying that blank user.ini from the vanlla 1C Softclub folder and overwrite it in the MOD folder.

Whats weird though is there are SOME gun/loadout saved presets that show up in the options screen - but I’m blowed if I know WHERE CloD is bloody hiding them!

You can only change them in Multiplayer (unless you have an external programme)

Select your aircraft and go to “Loadout”
Then click the “Guns” tab and you can go through each gun and select the Ammo type and the convergence, both horizontal and vertical.

Just make sure you save it!

GAAAAHHHHHH!!!

For F&^%$S Sake!

Precisely what I didn’t want to happen has occurred - lost control settings/keybindings/difficulty even, info bars!!!.

OK - what I tried to do was enter Stuntmans + OD’s settings via main options screen =- then ‘plane’.

I also unchecked ‘sync game with Steam’ in properties as figured that was causing me issues.

Success - of sorts - can now see Stunts + ODs ammo belts in the loadout screen prior to hitting fly. But wierdly convergence HASN’T stuck.

Fire up RAF load manager tool. Adjust convergence settings. Save.

Then - to make doubly triply sure, copy over a SP mission from Steam to Softclub Mydocs. Edit it so my aircraft has correct ammo belts. Save. Put it back in Steam Clod Folder.

Then fire up Cliffs - hit fly and 1) I’m in the air (eh???) 2) throttle bar looks different, 3) I’m pulmenting to earth and waggling joystick doesn’t do anything!

This is the kind of complete f&%^%wittery that put me off Cliffs many years ago - when spawning into a blast pen with wind blowing span you round and resulting in your wing falling off.

Anyone got any ideas how I get my key bindings +axes + info bars back again?

Restore the sync with Steam button - it should put them back, but you might lose the ammo loadouts! Before you make changes to any of the files make a copy, so you can restore.

I’m sending my user.ini to you now Flash, sorry for the delay! Make sure to back up your own file somewhere else.

Cheers gents.

Managed to sort it by copying over the PILOT MOVE settings from the 1C My Docs/SoftcLub vanilla folder and pasting them into the one in the MoD.

That returned my keybindings/axes then I had to play with info bars to get them back the way I like. Its probably buggered something else up somewhere, but I guess I’ll just have to discover it later.

Have left Steam sync ‘off’ for now

All because I thought ‘Cool - I’ll test Stuntmans/ODs settings offline and see which works the best’.

Backup .ini files are not the problem though, as far as I can tell it spreads the settings over 4 or even 5 locations =

MyDocs/1CSoftclub/
MyDocs/1CSoftclub/MOD
Steam/common/IlCoD
Steam [the hidden one with the random filename number]
and Steam online Cloud

It seems though its sheetr pot-luck as to which one it saves to or chooses to draw from!

I suggest avoid using the manager, it is buggy at times and if you do a mistake it does not save your previous progress.

In the end, it goes faster and safer to change ammo and convergence in game.

I have now sent your user.ini to your e-mail. I added my convergence and ammo preset to the three types specific for SOW

Spit Ia 100 octane, Spit IIa and Hurri rotol 100 octane

Make sure you test those specific types. I have not added ammo or changed convergence on the other types.

Make sure to backup your own user.ini and copy it to somewhere else or rename it

EDIT: ammo preset name is Ballapinc2_stg_x1 - it means version number 2, staggered between guns, 1 bullet of each type