GPU Temps.

Lads I took Jimmi’s advice and downloaded the msi afterburner prog. My gpu temps when flying cliffs and BoS averaged between 70c and 80c and maxed out at 85c. My card is a GTX660.

Are these temps too high? ( Only flew each game for around 5 mins)

Cheers.

Charlie

Quick Edit: I just ramped the fan speed up with the msi afterbuner and BoS (Ultra setting) maxed out at 71c after 15 mins running.

No, not too high, but it might be getting a bit close for comfort. I’ve read that under 90°C is ok, but lower doesn’t hurt.

Ah, 71°C maxed out sounds a lot nicer. :slight_smile:

Hi Charlie,

I’m running MSI Afterburner with an Asus graphics card and I find the temperature readings reported by msi are slightly higher than the Asus monitoring software I also run.

If your gpu isn’t MSI but some other make, you may encounter some false readings.

With regard to gpu temps in general, 85 is about as high as you want to go, to maintain a reasonable lifespan for your GPU. A little cleaning of the fans and filters in your case with some compressed air might help, otherwise lower your in game graphics settings a bit.

Also, try downloading some monitoring software from the manufacturer of your gpu and see what temps you get then. The software should also optimise your gpu to run more efficiently.

EAF19_BAZ

Chek also gpu and cpu usage…
we want to know if something is bottlenecked!

How do you understand where is the bottleneck?

This is interesting even for my pc…

When the afterburner monitor says gpu 100%!
it means it’s the gpu under full load…

but if it’s the cpu 100% and the gpu30%…
may be you have some process keeping the cpu so busy she doesn’t send data to the gpu… =CPU bottlenecked
(or may be you have a stellar gpu but a crap processor…)

also useful to see how much ram and videoram are used…

Black Death track in Cliffs.

GPU-99% @ 74C

CPU-93% @ 62C

RAM-3058MB (not sure what RAM it was tho)

Also not sure about the CPU as it shows 8 CPU’s (my CPU is an i7 3770 quad core) but the highest was CPU1 (93%) and although the other 7 CPU’s showed readings they were all a lot lower than 93% (20%-54%)

Update :- The RAM usage was 3058MB but just run the track again and the other was Memory usage and it said 1332MB

i7 has 4 real cores and 4 in hypertreading
i think the first core is the one most used by cliff…
memory seems ok

bottleneck is gpu

but with that setup you should be able to run cod smooth…
how was the track smooth?

try the game online and check the monitor if you have stutters…

How much RAM do you have installed?
I had 16GB to start, but Clod performed like crap. I then took out 8 GB and the game worked much better. So now I have 8GB and all is fine. I haven’t tried re installing the RAM again though. Don’t know if this would cause a bottleneck in the system either. Just throwing ideas your way.

16Gb of RAM Apollo. It’s an idea but this rig is only 2 yrs old and has a 3 yr warranty on it. If I pull 8 Gb of RAM out and something goes wrong I’m sure the bar stewards will say all warranty is now void.

Think I’ll sit Cliffs out until the new TF patch is released. Who knows, it may help anyway. Failing that I will try another vid card and let them fit it (warranty again).In the mean time I’ll pop over to the Eastern Front for a snowball fight in Stalingrad :wink:

Understood Charlie…
I built mine so it’s easy to tweak it… No warranty issues for me.

Adding more ram can’t cancel your warranty AFAIK. The only thing is that if something goes puff, you have to pinpoint faulty component yourself instead of bringing them whole PC case as you would if it was still sealed.

Well, that is at least how it goes with my usual retailers. So long as you don’t open up, they must detect what went wrong and replace. If you opened up, then you must detect but replacement on components was still valid for duration of warranty for me.

Check with the store tho, or just ask them to install extra memory for you and seal case again…