Gah! Screen freezes + 'Launcher stopped working'

OK - after having fun getting back into Cliffs, the tech gremlins have returned…

Flying with Jimmi on SOW during the week I had a screen freeze after about a hour and half’s flying which meant I had to go to task manager to get the desktop back, with the error message ‘Launcher has stopped working’.

Didn’t think too much about at the time - just thought it was a server type error.

But this has reoccurred in subsequent offline flights - after about 20mins and today 1hr of flying.

I’ve googled this error and there seem a range of solutions/fixes.

Have deleted softclub MOD cache

Reinstalled DX in the main CLoD folder.

Repaired Microsoft NET.4 FRamework

Unchecked a SweetFX injector (FlightFX) which though it made Cliffs colours look nice, was blinding me with too much HDR and sun glare.

The next step apparently is to uninstall a Windows Update KB2670838 - which makes me slightly nervous…

Anyone tried this? Does it have any side effects?

Edited to add:

System specs i7 2600K 3.40GHz
16GB RAM
GTX 970

Flash… I had a problem similar and solved deleting all the Sweet FX files.

that windows update is something related to internet explorer.
I think you can uninstall safely!

also i would disable any type of overlay (expecially steam ones) they were freesing my ati card… (got freezes when someone entered a game or chatted with me via steam…)
steam ones you can stop them trough a checkbox i think in clod game steam properties but not sure…

SweetFX killed my CoD too.
Lockups and BSODs.

Taking out SweetFX fixed it

I had the exact same issues as Flash. I removed SweetFX, disabled overlay in steam settings (not just Il-2 clod settings in steam, but under main settings) and deleted the cache.

The game runs, but I can never run in DX10 anymore! Before I could, not anymore. Any tips why?

Hi Brigstock, could you help not sure where Sweet FX is or how to delete it!
Cheers Pinetree

Hi Chaps, could anyone help as not sure where to find Sweet FX is or how to delete it! as I am having the same problems
Cheers Pinetree

Did you install it? If no, don’t worry.