FreeTrackNoIr

Hi Chaps.

I was advised to use this program as a headtracker in IL2 as I dont have TiR

http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/information_links/download.htm

Does anyone have it?

I have installed it and it picks up my webcam ok, but when I move my head, although I can see it moving in the program window, it does not register in the x,y and z axis boxes and consequently wont work in game?

Any ideas?

Much appreciated.

Charlie.

When I’ve seen people trying free head tracker programs and getting them to work, they have struggled, in the majority of cases they have ended up buying a TIR.

A few EAFers must have an old TIR knocking around and may be happy to donate. I know my old TIR1 went this way. It may be a better use of your time to search the forum for anyone who has upgraded and turn on the charm offensive. :slight_smile:

I use this Freetrack, in Il2 and COD no problems…

http://www.free-track.net/english/

I tried tracknoIR a little while ago and got it to work in game after a lot of playing around with config files.
I tried it as a experiment as I already had a TIR4, but wanted to see if it was good enough to use as it doesn’t need any separate tracking peripherals like a track clip.
I found a lot of info on the Rise of Flight forum, there is a large thread in there.

Although I got it working, it is no TIR substitute. It works, but no where near as well as a TIR unit, even a TIR1.

Do as Keets says, try to track down a cheap TIR unit. They come up in the buy/sell forum on SimHq and even on Ebay every now and again.

EDIT: Just found this, might be worth keeping an eye on it
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Natural-Point-TrackIR-3-PRO-USB-good-order…

I have an old TIR1, it was passed on to me a few years ago by a fellow EAF’er. You’re welcome to it Charlie, just pm me your address if you want it. Though the TIR3 Pro Brigstock posted is significantly better.

Charlie are you still at the same address?

I feel awful as I promised you that TIR unit of mine months ago, its still packed up I just have not got to the post office. Now you have a pressing need for it I shall make it a priority :o

Old TIR units are like buses. :wink:

I have a TIR1 laying around, but the problem is that it will not work with Win7 (at least not at the time that I installed Win7 and tried to use it).

Thanks for the replies and offers of help chaps.

I woulndt mine borrowing your old TiR if thats ok Classic.

Id like to try it and if I get on with it ok I would have no qualms in buying one and returning your old unit m8.

Again many thanks to all.

Regards

Charlie.

Ok mate it will be with you this week. Although Mikkes comment has me worried regarding windows 7, although to be honest my old one may be a v2 or v3. No need to return it though mate.

A TIR3 should work just fine, but I’m not so sure about the TIR2’s. I ended up buying a TIR5 when I had problems with my old one (actually, I can’t remember if that one is a TIR1 or a TIR2). Quite a big improvement going from my old one to the 5, but an old one is nonetheless good if you can get it to run.

I’m trying to find images of the old range and I think my old unit may well be a v3 but cannot be sure.

Cheers for that Classic :slight_smile:

Fortunately Im still running XP, so fingers crossed all should be ok.

Many thanks.

Charlie.