Extremely rude words!!!

Ok - just got my joystick oiled, TrackIr centred and d/l HFSX 6.0 (& patch) ready to join the fun tonight when PC has been hit by a very nasty virus/trojan/MS Security Essentials bug…

Basically its stuck in a 60 secs reboot loop of “Computer suffered a critical problem and will reboot in sixty seconds”.

Tried booting in safe mode, no joy. Tried boot rescue disc from Kapsenky, BitDefender, again no joy. Tried booting into repair mode from orginal Win7 disc, but in the time it takes autorun to spin up and 1st menu window to pop up, bang we are again in restart.

Spent two nights running using the netbook to try and troubleshoot this and hit a wall.

Lodged a request for help on free computer tech forum where some others seen having same problem - but could be up to five days before I get help…

Infuriatating!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

It might need a reinstall from the Win 7 CD as opposed to a repair.

That’s a bugger.

Thats a total bugger mate, I feel gutted for you…puters dont ye just hate them

Stevie

Its a love/hate thing :slight_smile:

What happens if you disconnect from the internet and reboot?

Looks similar to this: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic455881.html

and this: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic460542.html

Good luck. :frowning:

Yep - that looks like what I have Keets…

Disconnecting Internet cable makes no difference tho’.

Good news is it appears fixable from those forums. Bad news is my post is on about page 23 to receive help and bumping it according to mods will reset your request…:frowning:

If I could just disable the 60 secs restart tho’, then I could do a ‘repair in place’ with Win7 and that should clean it out…

Yesssss! Fixed!!!

Used F-Secure rescue CD to scan for viruses and found nasty SIREFEF trojan family lurking. Cleaned it all out and now back to normal.

Huzzah!

Sounds like a variant of the RPC virus that was out around 7/8 years ago.
It’s nasty, but all virus are repairable. Some take longer than others to fix and sometimes a reinstall of windows is quicker.
I very rarely get a virus at home on my own pc. But I see enough of them at work. For that reason alone, I’d love to get hold of one of these “haxors”, give them a feking good kicking and leave them face down in a ditch in a corner of a field somewhere far from civilisation.