EAF skins for BoX!

Since Luft made nice skins for EAF and ones with pilot numbers for 51 wing i decided to learn skinning and create some skins with pilots number for 41 wing but i can do it for 51 too.
Also i’ll post skins without numbers too.
I’ll even try to make EAF insignia!
Those who want personal number on a plane leave comment with a number.
Note! Apollo already took no.24!
I’ll pick last!
Now here bellow is the first example i made by my taste!

also you can choose a plane too, different planes will have different skins

Hey Ribbon, you can make tac nbr 53 for me
Thanks

sure Topsy!

@Topsy, somerhing like this?
It’s still work in progress!

Should have the time, I would like to order skin as well.

If you make it with ghe Russian star my number are “25”
Should you make it in RAF colors I go by FN-Y

Some shots from my Spitfire Mk. IX frol IL-2 1936

Hey Ribbon

Now I know what’s wrong with my flying, the pic is upside down ! I should be called Turvey instead of Topsy :banana:

I wrote up a few things to you on WhatsApp, but for general interest here’s a few details about RAF aircraft shipped to Murmansk or ferried by air to Abadan.

RAF camouflage scheme was generally kept. At the reception bases RAF insignia, serial number, fuselage bands and yellow wing leading edge bars were painted out, with red stars being added as appropriate. When they arrived at a unit, aircraft were given a tactical number, generally white, and maybe some unit decoration.
Apart from a few Brits who helped to protect Murmansk in the early stages, I do not think that any British aircraft wore RAF markings on the eastern front.

Although Stalin pressed Churchill for MkIX’s when they were first issued in June 1942, none were sent to Russia before April 1944, as they were badly needed to counter the Fw190 in the west. So for the main BoX campaigns the MkV was the only Spitfire type available.

For RAF squadrons in the west and far east, they mostly wore 2 letter squadron codes (there are some exceptions with none or only one) and an aircraft ID letter.
In the far east the red in roundels and fin flashes was painted out to avoid confusion with Japanese aircraft. Squadron codes were changed from time to time to confuse the enemy.

I have a full list of RAF squadrons that operated Spitfires, so if anyone needs help on codes I can supply.

For EAF 41 Wing here is a recap of squadron numbers and codes :

19 S WZ (Aug38 to Aug 39)
19 S QV (Aug 39 to Jan 45)
79 S NV (To be historically correct his squadron did not operate Spitfires)
322 S VL Dutch (Jun 43 to Sep 44)
322 S 3W Dutch (Nov 44 to Sep 45)
331 S FN Norwegian (Nov 41 to Sep 45)
332 S AH Norwegian (Jan 42 to Sep 45)
602 S LO City of Glasgow (May 39 to May 45)

Have fun

I want your thoughts and suggestions regarding some russian plane skins, should i stick to historical skins with our markings or…?
Do you like camo skins or…?
These will come with personal numbers and names!
Il2 skins EAF https://imgur.com/gallery/ckUKq

Only historic with EAF markings and personal markings!

Ok than historical skins with invidual number and name!
For russian planes i need your numbers and for RAF-version spit i need your letter markings.
How about EAF logo?

EAF logo on the right side of the engine.
My number is 25 (FN-Y)
If you can make the special elevators and spinner in 331 markings I would be greatfull
Do you need the picture of my french lilly?

If you didn’t post it above than yes!

51 and 41 wing guys i need feedback and instructions so i can make EAF templates on which i will just stick numbers and names, it will save me some time!

P.S “ODD” thing happen when i was doing i16 skin for @OD, markings and name turned upside down.

Hey Ribbon

RAF markings : NV-T looking good, can you make the letters a bit thicker ? Nice touch the EAF crest on the engine cowling.

Russian markings : The 53 tactical number should be white and a bit thicker. In Russia the RAF sky fuselage bands were painted out. You may need to move the red star further forward, it should replace the old RAF roundel. You should also add red stars to the wings and tail surfaces.

EAF identification

RAF markings for 41 group : Since we use squadron codes and personal aircraft letters derived from our “nom de guerre” there is no need to add anything else.

Some 41 & most 51 tend to use EA as sqdn code + personal letter, but there may not be enough available for all of us to have the letter we want.

Russian markings : The tactical number is not enough and we should add some EAF ID. This should be visible at a reasonable distance without making the aircraft conspicuous from above or below - the fuselage sides and tail surfaces are best.

The idea to add diagonal national fin flashes and the red nose is maybe enough.

Tks

thanks Topsy, it makes things much easier to have clear vision what to do!
What EAF markings do you have in mind, i mean nose and tail fin colours?

What do you guys prefer single colour or camo skins?

Also if:
-single colour: grey or green?
-camo combination; green,grey, black, brown?

Which one of those for fighters/attackers (yak, spit, mig, i-16, p-40)?
Which one for bombers?

a green historic skin, please.

For Russian aircraft as per Starfire, with the classic Russian light blue undersides.
For Spitfires the RAF European camouflage (dark sea grey/green upper surfaces & fuselage, light sea grey undersides) scheme was retained.
For US aircraft (don’t know -someone else may be able to help - use camouflage schemes from game which have probably been researched)

thanks

Skins for “IN WAR” campaign!
once again who want their numbers and names on this skin…POST IT!

Skins for Tommorow campaign ready, yak1s69 for Starfire, Jimmi, Ribbon, Topsy and Therion!
I’ll keep working on skins for other EAF BoX players and for various aircrafts.
You can make it easier for me with your suggestions and feedback like Topsy and Starfire did, please do it!