many EAF players started to use common serial codes on Planes

the common base is EA that stands for EAF
followed by a letter Usually the first letter of your nickname

so
EA-J is Jimmi
EA-W is Walty
EA-P is Pax
EA-C is Cirso or Cappe

and it’s very useful to understand who is who while in taxing on the ground, in formation or when rejoining…

to set the correct serial
in the plane options before creating the plane select:
type: bomber
Regiment: No. 49 Squadron RAF

this will set the EA

to chose your nickname initial letter
select:
Tail number and write the letter you want (or the corresponding number 1=a 2=b 3=c and son on)

Except some of us fly as 310 (aka NN-H for me, due to lack of 331 squadron in CoD). :stuck_out_tongue:

??
Mikke

bump

Stuntman - EA - V, Swoop stole my lovely letter! :eek:

Using EA has worked until now, but if we are as many as yesterday all initials will be taken, like Swoop/Stuntman

Plus I understand that those squads that historically participated in the BoB are keen on using the historical codes (this has its own problems, as there is another 92 sqd in SoW probably using those same codes)

So what other options do we have? Is skin download on in SoW? Can we use a specific marking, like a white line in the tail, in our skins for all EAF?

Meanwhile I will keep using EA-N plus NEPE in my tail.

Usually skin DL is off on almost all server i have seen… Due to technical problems…

I Think Jimmies suggestion is a good one. Personally I don’t see any problem with the same letter being shared by several members. It will still be helpful in most cases.

+1

I was there first Stunts :p, plus my historic on is QV - J, as Splash had S when I joined 92 first. But Jimmi has got J first :slight_smile: First come first get and okay there will be some duplications, Marsh, Mram etc but just add your name into the serial number section. Just so we can see who stacked what and when on the pics :wink:

I’d love to use skins…

There is a part of me that will find it very difficult not to select QJ B on a Spit, actually it would be impossible.
Regardless of the existence of the new 92. Plus our 92 is older than the new 92 :stuck_out_tongue:
I suspect 602 flying out of Westhamnet will be displaying LO on their Spits

On the Hurricane It’ll be EA B every time

I always stick LO on my aircraft…old habits die hard and its my way of paying a little respect to those that did it for real

~S~

Gents, with 79Sqn now joining the fray, we have always been NV-…

With more pilots coming on-board from various Squadrons and as Puff has also said, can we just run with what are used to?

As long as we have a 3 letter code in TS as well, you will know who we are at all times.

Just my two cents worth!

Vortex

Fine, just link it to your ts as you say.