Duxford September Airshow 2014 Saturday

Here’s my best from a very pleasant Duxford show.

The light wasn’t great and initially I didn’t like any of the ones I shot, but these are the ones that have grown on me.

The Canadian Lancaster is from RAF Coningsby on Sunday, when they returned, sorry no flying ones as they were landing just as we got there.

C+C Always appreciated

Lovely, lovely, lovely. Thanks Phil.

EAF19_BAZ

What Baz says…utter utter…errr utterly nice, thanks.

Going on from Keet’s ones… yes the Lancaster !
Thank you Phil!

Apologies I missed these yesterday, Phil. You’ve got some nice shots, despite the light. I like the Gnat and the Sea King and obviously the Lanc.

Have you seen James’s from the early morning?? Hopefully he’ll post them.

Lovely pics, cheers Phil

I just missed out on the Shoreham show, but the following weekend we headed down there to take a walk by the river that passes by the airfield. Just after parking up and walking onto the toepath, that Mk1 QV (B&W underside wings )screamed over our heads at no more than 100 feet and buzzed the airfield, pulling up in a loop directly over the field. She then came back and did a proper landing, but what a treat and it made me feel a little better for missing the show. :slight_smile:

I think they were doing a show at Eastbourne but coming back to land here, a P51 did the same, buzzing the airfield, victory rolling and then coming back for a landing - what a crap job eh!! you can imagine them in the bar later :slight_smile:

Great shots, Phil. I really like the reflection on the tail rotor of the Sea King!

The Gnat is far better than any I managed of it and the same for the Vulcan with the two Gnats in formation.

Great stuff despite the gloomy weather, mate!