DCS News: great news!

Dal forum russo intervista con i developers:

• ED is going to make a transport/cargo plane (the devs gave it a thought and decided that it’s worth a shot). Details will be announced “in due time”.
    There’s a VERY small hint that this could be a WWII era module, but this is just my assumption, so don’t quote me on this - ED haven’t said anything specific.

• AH-64: still on track to be released this year, there shouldn’t be any delays. More than 15 SMEs are working on it (for comparison: typical ED module only has 2 or 3 assigned experts). Still, the team prefers real-world documents and data (if available) over the SMEs opinions, especially when they contradict each other.

• At the moment, no 3rd party modules are queued for ED’s review/certification. They haven’t seen Kiowa or F-15E yet, so have no idea of their current status and quality.

• F-4 Phantom is “definitely coming to DCS, and quite soon”.

• GCI/AWACS module : on the wishlist, but is kinda challenging. Maybe someday.

• VR . This is now a priority task for ED to make it significantly better.

• Updated manual for the Mission Editor will be released this Fall.

• In development: improved infantry models with new animations. Improved infantry’ pathfinding logic. “We’re actively training our paratroopers right now”. All older AI units will get the new models, eventually (inlc. S-3B).

• The World War II Marianas will be released as a standalone map - not as a “time layer” for the current map, as suggested earlier. The map is still in pre-production.

• Users should expect "appropriate vehicles, ships and planes " to be released for the 1944’ Marianas.

• The devs are still committed to make the full fidelity MiG-29 once the Black Shark 3 is released.

• Dynamic campaign : initial release will be limited to single player. Multiplayer mode will be added later. “We’re big fans of Falcon BMS”.

• Chizh: the devs are quite satisfied with the controversial R-27ER 's FM rework. Another round of fine-tuning in different modes is planned for later, but this could result in a slightly nerfed stats. Same overhaul is planned for the R-77, but it will be much more challenging, because of the missile’s grid fins and the lack of unclassified data.

• Several dedicated devs are currently assigned to upgrade all air-to-air missiles to the new flight model. Once done, they’ll gonna rework the proximity fuzes.

5 Likes

Giusto per…
Trasporto probabile WWII… DC-3?
Con i paratroopers?
La mappa stand alone significa max dettagli…
Assett Pacifico per soldati, aerei e navi…
E altro ancora…

Se volete “dare una spintarella” alla ED che sta decidendo quale aereo fare…con propensione per DC-3 / C-47 potete votare la vostra preferenza in questo thread:

Votate e avremo un DC-3 per lanciare i paratroopers :wink:

… Spinto :rofl:

1 Like

Spingiamo amico mio… spingiamo…

Proposto DC-3 /C-47

1 Like

"Of interesting note is the work on the Marianas Map which, as the note says, is not going to be defined by a date range but rather will be its own separate map. Appropriate vehicles, ships and planes to be released for the map is once again something that has me sitting up and taking note.

Nick Grey has previously mentioned wanting to do a Hellcat and that would fit with a Marianas scenario nicely particularly around the events of the Battle of the Philippine Sea and the “Great Marianas Turkey Shoot” where attacking Japanese A6M5 “Zero”, B6N “Jill” and D4Y “Judy” were met with well armed and trained US Navy pilots flying the F6F-3 Hellcat. The TBM Avenger and SB2C Helldiver would also be likely candidates if Eagle Dynamics focuses their Pacific WWII efforts more than they did with the European setup.

As it is, details on some of these aircraft make it difficult to see if we’ll get a full slate but an A6M5 Zero seems possible according to various sources and of course the US Navy types are extremely well documented."

Lo scenario Pacifico prende sempre più forma, con il Corsair by Leatherneck con tanto di portaerei funzionante e in un secondo momento portata a livello del modulo Supercarrier, i loro asset pack inclusi e tutto quanto sta dichiarando ED…lo vedo proprio bene :+1:

Il DC-3 è la prima cosa che m’è venuta in mente alle prime righe del post, per poi vedere… Che non è venuta in mente solo a me! :laughing:

Su Mariana, tutto figo, speriamo (come sono abbastanza convinto che sarà, a meno che ED non voglia prendersi qualche collezione di vaffa dalla community) che chi ha acquistato la modern, con l’idea di ritrovarsi la WWII una volta pronta, avrà anche la versione WWII se non a titolo gratuito, ma quantomeno con un INGENTE sconto

1 Like

La WWII è confermata gratuita.

2 Likes

Spinto, a fondo…!!

2 Likes

Sei andato giù pesante! :joy::joy::joy: Ho spinto pure io :joy:

1 Like

C-47 con paratroopers lanciabili e combattenti a terra! :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

4 Likes

ED sta lavorando sugli impatti a terra, molto promettente :+1:
https://mobile.twitter.com/eag…ics/status/1436394067986829315

4 Likes

Dal sito Leatherneck un’immagine dell’hangar della carrier classe Essex che verrà rilasciata con il Corsair.
Nelle loro intenzioni mettere gli elevatori funzionanti permettendo di spawnare dall’hangar e salire fino al ponte… :+1:

3 Likes