DCS F-4E Phantom II by Heatblur! A new level of combat flight simulation experience?

Hello my fellow pilots!

As you’ve probably seen, a real masterpiece will likely come in the following weeks, judging from the beautiful pre-order trailer of the F-4E Phantom II for DCS, by Heatblur guys!

This seems to be a big milestone in the DCS modules evolution, which will introduce many new elements like persistent components status, renewed copilot AI, etc…

Heatblur is offering the opportunity to buy a “crew pack”: they’re simply two bundled licenses offered at a discounted price, compared to buying a single one.

Here you can find more info: DCS: F-4 Phantom – Heatblur Store

So?? Will you pre-order it?? Or wait for the actual release?
Or you’re not interested at all?? (but watch the trailer before, 'cause it has good chances to make you change your mind! :drooling_face: )

Cheers!

Gabriele “Ibanez”

1 Like

I am soo tempted, the persistence alone is a key factor to me (Like the Piper Comanche on FS2020), but i fear i will never have the time to look at it!

Btw, had to see another couple of times the trailer :joy::joy:

Pre trailer I wasn’t interested at all. But now I’m actually considering it, if for no other reason than just to try flying the F-4 and support Heatblur at the same time. The work they are doing is IMO really pushing the boundries for DCS. I just hope they manage to deliver on their promised J-35 as well, even if only as AI (but it would be a day 1 buy for me if they actually made it flyable).

1 Like

Had absolutely no doubt about that :grin::grin:

1 Like

And if they make a J-35 they can also have it as the Danish version, the F-35. :rofl:

Sitting here at work thinking about it, Heatblur have really managed to pick out special planes. The Viggen is of course very special to me, powerful and brutal, and still a masterpiece. Then the F-14, again powerful and brutal, but also big and beautiful. And now the F-4, once again, powerful and in it’s way brutal, not beautiful, but very special with it’s quirky angles etc. and so plentiful and long lived.
Both the Viggen and the F-14 is also my generation of planes. First flight for both was before I was born, but when I grew up the Viggen was the hottest thing we had in Sweden. And the F-14 really became a thing when I was around 13-14 and Top Gun was shown in the movies, and really cemented my interest in flying.
The coming A-6 and Eurofighter will by the way also be special.

I’ll definitely buy, but… not now

****Mikke (or anyone else), if you’re interested in “joining the force” we could go for a crew pack. Two licenses with a little saving. That’s not much, like 5$ (59.99 single, 109,99 the pack), but if we’re both going to spend the money…

Let me know, I’ll wait a few days more I guess!

Sorry, Cappe booked the slot very quickly! :joy:
But you guys can arrange other groups together!

:rofl:
No worries. I think I’ll copy Havebugs answer, not now. :slight_smile:

Well… the “crew pack” option seems promising…

If anyone is interested in sharing the purchase for a lower price drop me a PM.

So the “not now” lasted for a whole day? :rofl:

2 Likes

Yep :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

wow, beautiful. Me wants. And me wants time to fly it :slight_smile:

Good thing I just got an F4 1:72 model to build :slight_smile:

It’s going to be released soon this half of the year, we are all waiting it a lot!!!

is it going to be much more advanced than their F14 model?

F-4E is an older plane after all, so I doubt it will be more advanced, but it might be a bit harder to work some of the systems. But I think they said that some of the things that they have developed for the F-4 will be worked in for Heathblur older planes as well, I’m not sure exactly what though.

thanks Mikke!

by Advanced I did not mean the plane itself, but things like JasperAI, the modelling of the components, the on-cockpit training…

1 Like

Yes, those things are probably among the things that Heathblur intends to use in other planes as well. :+1: