DCS 2024 and Beyond

Have you seen it?

what do you think??

1 Like

F6F surprised me a lot! I didn’t know it was in the list, so discovering it’s even already one year in the making was a huge, very appreciated discovery!

I think it’s gonna be great, with lot of new stuff to learn for us. Carrier ops are difficult with modern jets, I’m thrilled to know what it will be to depart and land those torque-monsters! They’re so deep-modeled that could take months to proper handle the specific traits and quirks of the new models. Everything in a new scenario.

Apart from WWII Pacific Theatre news, there’s a lot of stuff that makes me drool :drooling_face:
Chinhook, Kiowa, Phantom, C130… This while the AH-64D is growing in pure beauty and deadliness.

I only hope that all of this won’t be diluted too much in time, with the effect of wasting all of the enthusiasm waiting for the other elements needed to fuel the gameplay…

Remember that we are all going towards the Dynamic Campaign (no mention in the video, but ED released specific info about it few weeks ago), which can potentially (and finally) add hours and hours of challenges for us, finally breaking the loop of repetitive missions on the same server :heart:

1 Like

Yeah, I had missed or totally forgotten that ED was working on the F6F, so that surprised me. Pacific isn’t my favorite theater, but I must admit that seeing the F6F, F4U and Zeros was tempting. Unfortunately it will probably be a pretty one-sided affair as the japanese side will not have any flyable planes (at least for a long time)…

The thing I’m waiting the most eagerly for is the Kola-map…

Really digging the F6F, more than the corsair

also the zero deadly in 41 and 42 is not a match in 43 adn 44…

But i think the carrier operations will be deadly enough…

Wags was on the Mover & Gonky live show commenting on the 2024 and beyond video (and other stuff).
https://www.youtube.com/live/WV32Kn3ehok?si=rKnn2TtPN3WxrGxl
About 45 min to an hour in.

2 Likes

Wow! It’s ORBX working on the Kola map! It’s one of the biggest and renowed scenery creators in MSFS!

From the weekly newsletter:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/newsletters/80815af823dd79988484f6e9a40c9bb0/

Vulkan is coming!