Crysis .. playable demo 7 days away, game 29 days away ...

Hmmm. You were looking at some odd tests then, because at high resolutions and AA, nvidia trounces ati unfortunatly.

The in game bench records mine as 25fps av on GPU, 23 on cpu with High settings no AA and 1920x1200 in vista64.
For this type of game, personaly I prefer to keep above 30, preferably 40+
The only way to achieve that is to lower the res or detail levels … not what you expect to do with high end stuff :wink:
Yes the game looks pretty, but not a big amount more than many others that run a lot faster … trouble is these days programmers get lazy and dont optimise the code as they could, they know their will be faster hardware out just around the corner …

This game is best played on XP with as fast a graphics card as you can afford :wink:

not tried a boat, were did you find one

Shot up the near boat from the path Majik and found that I could swim out and jump in, switching around the positions very nice. Stalked the two other boats and shot them up and the guys on the far beach who come out to see where their boats went

Yes the graphics engine is amazing (my money is still on Assassin’s Creed though) I saw someone say they forgot they were playing a game sometimes and this does happen, reminds me of Gothic3, really is a sandbox

Ming

This is a pre-release demo, so hopefully some more tweaking for speed will be done. Wouldn’t mind seeing how very high looks :slight_smile: As it is I had moments when it looked so real.

It’s all getting there at last!! Come’on on BOB…drool

Creed demo looks the part and I’ve always liked the different types of moves you can master. Severance was a favourite of mine.

One would hope that to be the case, but from past experiences it isn’t often so.
The differences are subtle, TBH … I will grab some screenies in a bit of very high, high, and medium settings to compare.

Had a quick spin on a boat, now were are the damn sniper rifles with telescopic sights, 'cos they would come in handy :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Swoop, check this post for better DX10 like visuals in XP:
http://www.crysis-online.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=d831a7cf54cf63106567e281731989a0&topic=11837.msg204082#msg204082

And for comparison on other cards:

Sorry … big pics warning :wink:

In order medium, high and very high settings 2xaa was enabled in game but wasn’t in effect by the looks of it:

The ATI HD 2900 Pro, overclocked to XT speeds (which it does very nicely) is currently the best bang for the buck right now. It’s up there with the 8800 GTS in performance, and at a lower cost.

There are also new ATI cards coming out in mid november, the RV650/670s.

It will be interesting to see some tests running the various cards in the Crysis benchmarks.

The new nvida 8800GT is set to be the best mid-range card yet, but in Crysis and Stalker it is very bad, probably a driver thing as most other games have it close to a GTX in performance.
The Pro is a very good buy, as you say its almost certain to do XT speeds :slight_smile:

Here for some early tests:
http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/10/29/geforce_8800_gt/

This may or may not be of help, but being as I like eye candy, but also like smooth frame rates, here are the settings I arrived at in order to run reasonable frame rate with good eye candy in Vista32 @ 1920x1200 (unfortunatly no AA but this game is a compromise) frames are lower than I would like, but such is life :rolleyes:

This gives me an av of 35fps in the built in gpu test, with a minimum of 24 and a max of 45.

I started the full game yesterday, awesome game, if you are thinking about it, stop thinking and go and buy it , it rocks :smiley:

I won’t spoil it for anyone, but will say its a bit short, finished already :frowning:
It seems to be a common trend these days.

I have read that this is the first chapter of a trilogy… another common trend :rolleyes:

I am stuck trying to drive that tank (like a drunk…) but getting killed every time… :stuck_out_tongue:

Friend of mine has the game and he said it was a major dissapoitnment that it only lasted around 7/8 hours for him. :frowning:

He really looked forward for vast territory, dynamic gameplay and good freedom. Simply none of these facts where in the game at all. He has other games which is maybe older, but much more entertaining and especially when they came out.

So, I agree a bit about his opinions and that the game is good but not better than other games with the same content and even better features, but I still wonder if this game is worth buying, I’m not really considering MP play here, to much tornamnet styled.

So is the Campaign worth the money? I cant use a lot as well since I’m strict to my money usage.

:slight_smile:

What in this world is worth the money? I suggest you try the free demo and see for yourself.
Personally I like the game, maybe most of all because it is one of the first DX10 games and a real challange for my hardware.
But choosing from this type of games, my favourite is COD4.

It’s not short when you cloak-crawl-hide-decloak for 2km I’ll be here until Christmas at this rate :slight_smile:

Very nice it is, absolutely astonishing DX10 graphics. Not a real sim (so take care buying it realism-chaps, do the demo first) but for the experience of next generation engines. In a benchmark it’s pushing 1.6 million triangles at good framerate

The quail and the chickens animations, amazing. Real work of quality. I demand a Jason and the Argonauts adventure (RPG) with the skeleton army or Thermopylae in this engine

Ah watching the livestock for an hour, that slows you up a bit Bill Oddie. No eggs laid so far though…

“Er, they’re fighting cocks Mington”

Failed the birdwatching “I know it’s a chicken- is it a Rhode Island Red?” exam again :slight_smile:

Ming