Cliffs Of Dover first steps

As the title says, first baby steps. I have some C# experience, so I thought in giving it a go.

Download here:
ftp://www.europeanaf.org/eafshared/Nepe/CliffsOfDover/Missions/Tests/EAF.zip

The script checks if Red aircraft get close to Dover; if they do a bandit will appear. Shoot him down and go back to Dover for a new bandit to appear.

Known problems: I haven’t been able to make the bandits engage. This is not scripted, just normal waypoints like in IL2, I select “Engage Fighters” but he does nothing. Help wanted.

Thanks Nepe!

User-created missions are for installation (Steam version anyway) in-

<your User folder>/My Documents/1C SoftClub/il2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/missions/Single

I hope :slight_smile:

Nepe 19 Squadron, we are flying on Monday so all content will be good and thanks again

I have been looking at Biggin Hill to populate it for a working airfield, any contributions from EAF comrades will be good. Baby steps

Ming

Small question but to host through Steam, do I need any special firewall ports open as with H/L?

This Monday I hope to just join an online session and have a fly with some EAF, but hosting our own one day (Ming’s Biggin mission sounds promising, no pressure) is an aspiration. Gound work first eh.

Starfire is our resident CoD hosting expert, he posted a few days ago the basics of hosting, make a search and it will appear.

The problem with the 109s not engaging comes from loading the submission with the script. If I include the 109 in the main mission, it will engage correctly.

Any reason why the 110’s are at average skill level? The rest is Ace. Average flyers won’t react that much. I used Veteran with Ace awareness and vision. That was not exiting but at least they evaded attacks.

No reason at all, I dont consider this to be a working mission yet, until the bandits engage. I tested with all skill levels, and the reaction was always the same.

The idea is interesting. In Operating Flashpoint there was a script addon that created AI following certain rules. You were never totally sure where they would pop up. The Dynamic AI Creator - DAC.

Hope you can find the reason