BSOD: c000021a The verification of a KnownDLL failed.

Got this strange BSOD that keeps looping during boot. Anyone got any clues? I’m suspecting my GPU which is limping on one out of two fans.

All the windows recovery tools does not work nor can I launch Windows in safe mode, it goes BSOD during loading of system files.

What I’ve read on the internet people have extremely complex and different reasons for this BSOD, so I’m wondering if I have to reinstall the OS if it’s not the GPU?

Problem is I only have this single GPU and I can’t launch the PC without it to confirm.

I’d say its the GPU m8. Every BSOD I’ve ever had has been down to the GPU.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to use an USB-HDMI adapter connected between the mobo and my monitor as a replacement for my GPU? That is to use an USB port for my motherboards internal graphics to my monitor? Just so I can confirm the GPU is bust and see if my OS can boot.

My mobo is Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3.

EDIT: Just found out my mobo does not have onboard graphics…so I can’t confirm if my GPU is toast. But the hypothetical question above is still interesting for me to be answered, if anyone can confirm if it’s possible.

Try to keep an open mind on this one Stunt’. I’ve just read a thread on the Microsoft community web page (as I’m sure you have) and they suggest various possibilities:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/blue-screen-error-c000021a-fatal-system-error/549075f8-f695-4047-b747-2b4e118e1ffd?page=1

Can you borrow a GPU from the Uni IT guys/anyone for checking?

I’ll watch this thread and try to assist as much as I’m able.

EAF19_BAZ

Edit: Obvious suggestion but can you run Check disk with F8 on startup?