Big day on Saturday!

On Saturday 2023-12-16 we have an important day to celebrate! Then itโ€™s actually 25 years since EAF was founded!
:birthday: :confetti_ball: :tada: :clinking_glasses:

5 Likes

My god, thatโ€™s really a lot!!

I think itโ€™s 24 years and 2 months since I joined EAF, so I missed the first 10 months. :stuck_out_tongue:

Back then we flew EAW, European Air War, and some flew SDOE - Screaming Deamons Over Europe. Myself I never bought SDOE, and those who flew that disappeared a couple of months after I had joined, SDOE never had the same support as EAW did. A couple of years later we gradually moved over to the original IL-2, at the beginning it was quite buggy but Olegs team managed to make it flyable, two weeks at the time. :wink:
Our biggest and most active times was some time into the IL-2 years, we flew over the eastern front, over the Pacific, over the desert and France and even over Italy thanks to modders. We participated in different wars, did internal competitions and simple dogfights.
Then Cliffs Of Dower was released, very buggy to begin with, but it was made flyable with time. Unfortunately it did split us up to some degree. Some of us wanted to move over to CoD, some wanted to stay on old IL-2, and we also got a third contender around the same time with the release of Battle of Stalingrad.
Now weโ€™re at times that perhaps a majority of you remembers, so I will not dive into that.

So, Salute to Serval, the founder of EAF, Paddy who recruited me, and to all the pilots that I have enjoyed flying with over the years! :clinking_glasses:

6 Likes

Congrats to all ,
Up to another 25 years.
:beers:

2 Likes