Bf 2142

take look here!

http://battlefield2142.ea.com/battlefield/bf2142/

I got it today, spent 2 hours trying it…and is WOW:eek: :eek: …100% ROCK N ROLL:D …k maybe less strategic and real of RO and BF2…but the sensation of those new weapon is amazing:D :smiley: :smiley: …the ROBOT is oustanding…is from Gundam Ive dreamt about it…
the game is fast …and the Titan mode is cool…I saw a soldier crouch behind a wall and the bullet were 1 cm over is head with some amazing explosions(were from robot)…anyway very FUN…kidsgame;)

I’ve played Witcher and Crysis and Stalker and online CoD4 since BF2142 came out but at the moment I am loving BF2142, I had to try it so I did the edownload last week - I need lots of space for squad ops and armour battles. Very intense armour battles with walkers and only few chokepoints. I don’t care what anyone says about it :slight_smile: it’s a hugely immersive battleground in there with squads and VOIP. Even better than BF1942 and it’s got MechWarrior2 in there too. I tried to rush a walker in my walker on an icy bridge, hand-to-hand combat if I could. He had backup. EMP where did that come from :slight_smile:

Ming

[b][i]Short version at the bottom for people who “Have no time to read anything these days and aren’t kids today a bloody nuisance online”

I’ve colour-coded it for you too[/i][/b] :slight_smile:

2142 as a download epurchase from EA. No CD and you can have up to three soldier avatars in multiplay

First job is to work out how to play in games without being annoyed by arseholes…

Tactical Gamer site has a server that is moderated and TG also runs a Privileged Membership (few quid/month) so if you go to their server and it’s full, non-TG-members get booted and you get to enter

The TG forums are full of people like the EAF, supportive and friendly. TG has a vision of mature people having a good time based on squad-based combat

I joined up with TG after getting 2142 the other week. Downloaded it with no fuss, no problems so far logging on to play. Annoying people don’t bother me at all in any game I ignore them, but TG is very big on squad-based combat and that’s what I’m after. Teams working towards objectives.

My first TG server session was last night, I found a couple of guys with TG tags and joined their squad. Squad leader had (ingame) VOIP and was excellent. We won the round after a tough battle that makes other battlefield games seem really tame and repetitive. We need this type of VOIP for BoB, it actually sounds like a radio rather than a telephone

Squad-based combat with clear objectives are the thing that makes the BF series so special- we powered through the battle sticking together, reviving each other, taking roles (assault/medic, support, special ops) on respawning as directed by squad leader. Taking flags and defending, piling into vehicles and running behind walkers (30ft armed to the teeth giant robot) like infantry in front of tanks in WW2 taking out the rocket-propelled grenadiers. So realistic you forget you’re in a game after 30 seconds (if you stay alive that long) so there’s a meditative quality about playing :slight_smile:

The kit and the huge maps are marvellous. You respawn back in wherever the squad leader’s position is, so usually no running around trying to find transport to the front. SL carries a respawn beacon too that he can drop somewhere (quiet) so that you can respawn at it if he’s out of the fight. In a podule from the sky, it cracks open on crashing to the ground and off you go, quite a ride

Communications from squad leaders to the Commander…

Battlefield Commander has the strategic overview and he orders squad leaders to take, hold, defend positions. Squad leaders are the only soldiers allowed to talk to the Commander (special key for him that squaddies don’t have) and so there’s a neat chain of command with many 6-soldier squads running around and each squad carrying out a command. Commander orders artillery strikes and supply drops and can order up a UAV to show enemies up in your HUD-map

Short version: for 2142 ground combat without stress look for the Tactical Gamer server

kidsgame

My arse :slight_smile:

Ming

This game is on such a large scale and there are so many ways to have fun, full on action, very tactical, never gets boring. Huge learning curve with a large promotions-and-awards tree towards unlocking better bits of kit

Quoting from Tips And Tricks thread for a flavour of the conflict. I’ll highlight the interesting modes and toys

From a Medic:
It is my job to keep you alive. Keeping myself alive helps a lot with keeping you alive. Thus, please, when you walk around the corner, and are eaten alive by the enemy support kit, who is prone, with a sentry gun, and behind his pretty red shield, don’t spam “I need a medic” over and over. I am aware of this, and truly desire to help you, however, it will take me a second to deal with whoever just murdered you.

From an Engineer:
I like to fix vehicles, especially tanks and walkers. Also, I like to drive vehicles. I really like to fix my own vehicle. However, if I have to step outside for a brief moment to accomplish any of the above repairs, I don’t really mind if a competent person steps into my vehicle to keep it from being hijacked, nor do I really mind if you wish to continue driving it, should you prove to be reasonably skilled at it. I actually enjoy riding as a gunner or passenger. However, should you jump in a heavily damaged vehicle, and drive off, leaving me, and several other teammates behind, whilst it is being repaired, I reserve the right to put a swift end to your stupidity and promote the quick respawn of an otherwise wasted vehicle, by sending a hot round from my anti-tank rifle up your backside.

From a Support kit:
I have a really big gun, it shoots a lot of bullets, has a huge bright flame coming out of the front, and makes one hell of a racket. How you can ignore all of these things, and run in front of it is beyond me. I will try to not hit you, however, killing that attacking squad over there, or keeping the bad guys from coming down the hall and blowing up our console, is a more pressing matter than protecting you from your own stupidity. I humbly request that you try to miss the ‘punish’ key on your keyboard when one of my bullets misses its intended target and hits you. However, should you go ahead and hit the ‘punish’ key, I will understand, as you probablly didn’t hit anything else right before you died, when you sprayed your ammo all over the wall.

From a Recon kit:
I do not have candy. Nothing I drop is a gift for you in any way. If I’m putting something down on the ground, or on something important to the enemy, it is in your immediate best interest to vacate the area, or place some solid object between you and my ‘present’. Your machine gun, grenades, rockets, or rifle do not do anywhere near the amount of damage that I am about to.

From a Titan Defender:
If you put your sentry gun at the back of our defending corridor, thus shooting several team members whilst it attempts to fire through a wall, I will ask you to move it once and explain why, if you refuse, I will blow the damn thing up.

If you want to stand at the end of the corridor, where the five other people are pointing their guns, and hope to get some pistol or kife kills, that is fine with me. I do not trust you to be in close quarters with me while you have explosives anyway.

From a Pilot:
I hate it when people use a transport as a quick ride to a flag point and bail out, thus killing anyone else in the transport, or that unlucky soul who is about to spawn in it. Hence, I will rarely bail out of a transport, and thus go down with the ship when one of the countless things that can kill a transport finds me. When I say ‘Bail Out’ once, it is a suggestion, so that you may acquire a vehicle, or capture a flag point. When I say ‘Bail Out’ twice in rapid succession, it really means “Get the hell out now, or you’re going down with the ship.” Don’t complain to me later, you were warned.

When you’re in my gunship, don’t immediately blaze away at that tank/gunship/walker/transport with your cannon. It does exactly squat for damage, and it lets them know that we’re here. Spot them, (via the ‘Q’ menu), and I will line you up for a missile shot. If they’re already shooting at us, then its okay, as you can somewhat blind them and buy me a little leeway to evade them.

Anyone who wants a vehicle killed, spot it (‘Q’ menu again). I proritize the targets that are spotted first. As I assume that someone who has spotted a tank has no way to easily kill it. Destroying an unsuspecting tank, or a hovering gunship brings me immense satisfaction.

We all know that an enemy transport ship in the back of the friendly titan is a spawn point for enemy troops, and it will keep the pressure on the consoles/reactor core. Take that out and maybe someone can get to fighting for the silos rather than camping.

First use your titans pods to get to the transport. But don’t just destroy the transport, pop in and move it to the upper deck of the titan, but not to the top. Camp it over one of the vent entrances and rotate so that one of the gunner positions looks out over the deck and a little out towards the back. Take the gunner’s seat and watch your titan defend bonus rack up. Incoming pods will almost ALWAYS land on the upper deck, and they make the easiest targets for the heavy transport guns. New incoming transports trying to land on either deck will have no idea what hit them.

I tried this the other night and racked up points through the roof. You’ll be helping your team and earning points, so its the best of both worlds.

Did a silly engineer cluster all of his motion mines near a silo/flag? if you’re recon, help out your team and lay some RDX into the bunch and detonate it. Be sure to stand back when dealing with multiple mines since they tend to blow much louder than usual.

Throw and detonate an RDX into corridor entrances if you arrive late on the enemy’s titan. You might frustrate another Recon’s attempt to APM or RDX you and maybe get that guy camping in the corner.

Want to turn your transport into an armor killer? you need to play with a group of friends. You need a damn good pilot, someone playing support, engineer, and if you want, recon. have the engineer and/or the recon dangle their feet off of the transport and if the pilot can do his job, the engy/recon can start chucking motion mines or rdx off the sides onto armor while support continually provides ammo (support should be the one piloting). the engy can also use his guided anti-armor and repair the transport midair. pilum is a bit tricky while moving but it can be done.

Your only problems now are people in ground AA and in the AA seat of a walker.
Soundtrack and graphics are out of this world

There was this online space combat game years back when Voodoo and Glide arrived on the scene. It might have been Tribes at 1200/300 baud, was a lot of fun anyway. 21st Century Tribes that’s what this one is :slight_smile:

Ming

We used to play Tribes on the lan at work a few years ago Ming, was great fun although the graphics were a little basic if i remember although the playing areas were huge.

Ive been looking for a new FPS lately and will give this a go, hopefully will be on tonight after borrowing a friends copy who doesnt play it anymore, any server you play on regular i should look out for you Ming?

We used to play Tribes on the lan at work a few years ago Ming, was great fun although the graphics were a little basic if i remember although the playing areas were huge.

A few years ago would be Tribes2 perhaps JR which I haven’t played, the original Tribes (>10 years ago must be) was yes great fun and those large areas. Even large battle arenas have chokepoints but the maps in BF2142 are gigantic and fairly interesting in themselves. The built-up areas on urban maps are unbelievably intricate (as good as Crysis) with just a few chokepoints for real battles royal :slight_smile:

Ive been looking for a new FPS lately and will give this a go, hopefully will be on tonight after borrowing a friends copy who doesnt play it anymore, any server you play on regular i should look out for you Ming?

I’ve taken out a fiver-a-month subscription (on first month) at Tactical Gamer, which is about as close to the EAF philosophy as I’ve found. Lots of decent mature people who don’t allow bunny-hopping or any of the stupidities that can quite annoy. The subscription means if I go there and it’s full the longest-playing non-subscription player gets booted to allow me in. Well worth a dekko at their forums to see how well moderated the whole show, server and forums are

Rules have things like ‘Join a squad or you will be booted from the server in 90 seconds’, no bunnies, no doing anything unfair or just idiotic. Quite a competitive place too :slight_smile: BF2142 has PunkBuster but having good server admins is the way.

I like armour battles so my absolute favourite server right now is Timeless Tampa, which is a map from the Northern Strike addon. Then when I get fed up of no squad-action I go to the TG server where almost every (6-man) squad has a leader on (ingame) VOIP - with TS also where you can chat live to an admin to ask him to boot idiots. Not seen that yet.

I’m booked in on a TG course to learn the ropes under an experienced squad leader, I’m not much use yet, looking forward to that it’s a bit complex with all the equipment and team tactics. So something like the EAF, they have an Officer training corps :slight_smile:

I don’t see much idiocy even on public servers and the crack makes up for any online deficiencies

There’s a few Timeless servers, Timeless means just one map 24/7 I think. Timeless Titan etc. They also have very good admins. I got banned the first time I played there and it was some mixup but I’ve met loads of Timeless (EAF-like) people at their forums and they’re another unit like Tactical Gamer. I think it’s because the game has been out for two years so the most annoying idiots have gone somewhere else or been banned by EA

I got the basic game and the Northern Strike addon on download a couple of weeks ago. I love CoD4 but it’s the old small arena thing, gets a bit boring and idiots don’t help. No problems with that I’m very rarely bored with BF2142 - but bear in mind JR that this game requires you to logon with an ID and a password - even if you only play singleplayer…

That way people (machines) can be banned from playing online. So you’ll have to watch out that the DVD has already had a username and password associated with it, your mate will need to give you those too. But you can create a New Soldier with your own unique callsign - up to three soldiers per logon can be in use. But if you change your callsign you lose your promotions and medals etc for that soldier. People play one role say engineer as one soldier and up to two more roles. I usually play Assault/Medic unless squad leader needs Support or Engineer or wotnot

There’s an ingame Friend search I think JR, I’m playing as DanSaint the rugged hero :slight_smile: or TG DanSaint. Using the TG tag causes the TG server to recognise me as a subscribed member by means of a script (to let me in when it’s full) but I also use it to show people on other servers that I am a mature gamer. Like wearing the EAF tag shows people what to expect from me. No not a kick in the balls, a teamplayer :slight_smile:

It’ll take you a while to get organised I imagine JR but anyway I’ll be on Fridays nights until late, half an hour when I get home from work whenever I can, Saturday afternoon when she’s shopping shh say nothing :slight_smile:

Learning the kit is rather demanding mate but it’s a very good blast, in urban maps look out for the knife-wielders who are after your dogtags and they get to keep them and have lists of them linked to their characters. You look around and some dude’s jumping on you with a wicked knife aagggh! :slight_smile: Nice stats for your character are in there

Tribes, what about Mechwarrior did you ever play that? I was gunner position in a walker that met an enemy walker the other night and they had a right dustup head-to-head. People dropping out of the bottom door, repairing their walker furiously with what looks like a welding torch, back in then an EMP grenade knocks out all the electrics, infantry arriving with explosives and motion mines, enemy eggbeaters - bloody good laugh and we got away with it :slight_smile:

Tactical Gamer forums
http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlefield-2142/

Game Guide (everything at left)
http://guides.gamepressure.com/battlefield2142/guide.asp?ID=1682

Ming

It was original Tribes, it was about all the work desktops could handle :slight_smile:

Thanks for the details, will check those servers once i get up and running.

Re the logon, he has given me his username and password so im all set.

Saw you in there JR bit different in there from say the crack-crack of WW2 online combat I’m practically deafened after a session, headphones are mandatory that artillery barrage could get the walls cracking :slight_smile:

There’s auto-balance on most servers, a server-side setting I think. So everyone swaps round, gets complained about a bit but it does keep things fresh. Problem though is that if you switch teams to see where your buddies are you can’t switch back, stuff like that. Worst is that sometimes you can’t join a squad at all as happened to me in the end at the TG server. Bugged and fixed in a due 1.5 patch I think. TG server requires you to join a team do you see where this is going :slight_smile:

Timeless Tampa was excellent though, has FF off so no embarrassing TKs on pounding an enemy strongpoint… but over breakfast I thought ‘Hang about, Tampa’s a Northern Strike map, maybe JR doesn’t have that mod’ drat sorry mate

I got a field promotion and some cool award for being dogged lol. Armour defence maybe. But the promotion gets announced and the band plays as an enemy falls at my feet, very nice. An unlock earned. Very first unlock should be (after player fatigue, flak jacket stuff) the defibrillator so in medic role you can keep your squad leader alive- and points for the medicine man

In the TG server earlier I’m rushing a strongpoint and SL is saying “Cease fire” on comms, I hit the deck under fire - why am I holding? “Back to defend the flag” rush over there “Cease fire cease fire!”

“ceasefire you’re not listening to your SLs orders I’m kicking you off the squad if you don’t come back to defend the flag… <pause> ok you’re kicked off the squad ceasefire”

What bloody idiot thought himself up a ‘ceasefire’ callsign for a game with VOIP lol. And SL is calling Cease Fire without a hint that he understands what he’s actually saying to the rest of us :slight_smile:

Ming

I have started playing BF2142 as Meako633 look out for me gents.

I saw you Ming, couldnt work out the chat key though, sorry… doh!

Was playing about 3 hours till late last night, enjoyed it although it got a little frantic at times and i had many ‘wtf is going on’ moments… lol

Playing as Johnny_Red Meako, i sent buddy requests to you both.

Yep I knew that JR :slight_smile: But you’re already ahead of the game you know where the buddy request thingy is :slight_smile:

I’m trying to stay on Vista and the mike’s a pain on that, XP running and PB complains I’ll have to sort that out. I can always hear ok though and try to text-chat but yes the action is so fierce who has time to read anything but the point of the iron sight :slight_smile:

I had to join a site (Levels-4-You) to get at a download I’ve been hunting down- of the manual which I don’t have being on the downloaded version. 30 meg slow download I’ll pop it on my YouSendIt space later. Bit complex innit :slight_smile:

Ming

PS Flying out of Minsk as DanSaint until we get our EGF kit organised, if BF2142 is seen as worthy of being officially supported :slight_smile:

PPS it’s putting me in the mood for a spot of Armed Assault and CoD4 I’m finding, seems to have livened up online FPS. Fun factor maybe, nothing quite like being part of a team win or lose.

JR i th ink at one point last night you were my squad leader :), i will be approving the buddy request when im next online.

BF2142 UK manual

Not for PC maybe but looks more WW2-ish, specialist classes
http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/26828/Xbox-360/Battlefield-Bad-Company

Ming

I’ve got an invite to training sessions (an hour at the weekend) and Azura the trainer gave us some notes that might be useful to avoid being the plonker early on

Tactical Mini-Packet - Part One
Welcome, to the first Tactical Mini-Packet, these mini guides will help you understand and learn a lot of the terms that bounce around the Tactical Gamer server. Also, listed below is a set of tactics as well, with definition of utilization and process! I am using these guides as a sort of helper with our Learn TG squad. I am trying to save as much time in-game so we can actually perform these rather than ramble on about it. In reality, performing this in-game will bring the experience we need, but it will not hurt a bit to get a good heads up!

I wrote and compiled these for more personal use, not everything will be in it since they range back to about eight months ago. But listed below is mostly the common terms and tactics most of the squad leaders use. Please enjoy, but also save these guides, they are very much worth peeking back at if you ever need a refresher!

Terms:

Hold Spawn: Probably the first tactic ever issued in a match. It means, not spawning onto a Squadleader or Flag. Hold Spawn isn’t just used during the beginning of the match, it applies at any time.

Hold Spawn is truly a ground breaking tactic in Battlefield. Since, you are literally able to bring a whole fireteam down onto a location in mere moments, with out the worry of engagements along the way. Holding Spawn has seven great advantages:

1. It keeps the squad together
  2. It is faster than loading up the members into vehicle
  3. Often at times, one man can get around quicker and quieter than a whole squad
  4. The plan backfires, it’s better to lose one ticket than the whole squad (six tickets)
  5. The ability to “Squad Bomb” - see below
  6. Squad Organization, the squad leader will know his squad members are with him
  7. Spawn Disorientation, all six of you aren’t guarenteed to spawn in the same location on a flag!

Squad Bomb: This is used mostly in AARs. Squad Bombing is an efficient tactic. A Squad Leader rushes to an enemy postion or flag, and the whole squad spawns in. Not only does it bring surprise to the enemy, the squad leader is safe from harm, as he has five defibs around him instantly.

It is used in two way really: The first being bombarding onto a flag and the second a counter to enemy fire. The squad leader is compromised, the whole squad comes in to keep their spawn point alive.

SLMSP (Squad Leader Mobile Spawn Point): This is important to understand. Your squad leader is what brings you into the battle and by you getting into the battle, keeps the fire fight on. Having to respawn back on a flag to regroup for another attack lessens your chances of capturing an Outpost. This is why your squad leader is the second most important tool on the battlefield. Keep him alive and you get to keep shooting. [Squad Beacon: Ming]

Defib: This is a term. It is the most important tool ever. Not only do you get points, but two guns is better than one. You also keep your team from losing tickets and you keep the fight going by saving respawn times. As most of you know, carrying it is just about required at all times in an assault kit unless otherwise noted. It is the backbone of teamwork! [Defibrillator: Ming]

Reviving: Basically reviving can mean many things. This way, is announcing to your revivee that you are reviving he/she. You want them to be ready to get up and get the hell out of the way. Some use the term “Hot Revive” to announce a revive under fire, what ever the word is, always announce it. There is nothing worse than reviving someone and watching them die again.

Other Terms Associated with Reviving: - Generally, if it is associated with reviving, they should know

1. Picking You Up
  2. Get Ready
  3. Hot Revive

FPS Addict: This stands for First Person Shooter Addiction. We play shooters for the action, chaos, and twitch skills, but sometimes you got to let go of the action to accomplish goals. It get’s the best of us all, after defending a flag for a few minutes you may start to wander off and move closer to the action. Try to find when this occurs and do your best to hold back.

Weapons Locked: Keeping your weapons locked is more important than you’ll know. Shooting randomly can cause a lot of attention, especially during trips to back flags. Weapons locked means not firing your weapon at all, even if you come across a target. Wait for the command.

Tactics:

Revive Run: This is not much of an announced tactic, this is more of a habit. During rushes to back flags, sneaking doesn’t always work out. A squadleader may order a hold fire and call out constant revives. As a squad member your job is to keep reviving the squad leader and blow by the enemies. You usually won’t have a chance to engage, simply, get the squadleader up at all costs and stick with him. It’s remarkably effective with a little bit of luck and good coordination. Sometimes it’s difficult to find the squadleaders body, and because of the fire, disorientation can occur. Remember, keep reviving the squadleader!

Double-Timing: Double-timing is basically an all out sprint to a target destination. When a squadleader calls it out, you immediately stop what you are doing, and begin sprinting toward the destination. You should follow the squadleader or the route, but there is no time to regroup. Make haste, but prevent spreading out.

Rush the Flag: Rushing the flag is getting your squad on the flag. Sitting outside a flag and trying to kill off the enemy in Battlefield isn’t going to work. Yes, you can thin it out the enemy, but remember they spawn back in 15 seconds. SOmetimes, getting on the flag as quickly as possible is the best way!

Prioritizing Revives: Another automatic tactic. There truly is a certain order of who you revive first, it’s one of those things that become an easy habit too.

Here is the order from, most important to least:

1. Squadleader
  2. Ally Squad Leader
  3. Assaults

Ming

Thanks Ming, will read that later over a coffee.
Back at work and on the late shift so not much chance of gaming until the weekend now.
Im going to try and get this running on my PC down here, not sure how good it will run as the PC is getting very long in the tooth now.

Sorry mate didnt notice and not sure how i managed to get as the squad leader, i reckon the rest of the original squad must have jumped ship!

Im starting to get the hang of the different classes and what else they can do and now im picking up extra points for ammo resupply when im support and healing wounded team mates when assualt, havent really played as Recon or Engineer yet.

I have started unlocking gear now and found getting the Defib for the Assualt is a good way to earn points as plenty of our players seem to die. Points lying all over the place.

I get more that way than by shooting people.

I said it was complex :slight_smile:

Defibrillator first yes Meako and in the squad hit 4 (or keymap) for the medpack which you can hold in front of you to heal yourself and anyone in range, slurping sound. Drop it with a left-click and you get points when comrades heal at it while you’re reviving someone

I went for the soldier upgrades first, the first couple which give you more stamina it’s roleplaying :slight_smile: The heavier armour needs you to have the stamina unlocks

On the way to a ‘better’ weapon, the Baur I think it’s called for more long range accuracy - for Infantry, up the left hand unlock tree

Engineer role (I think, or Support) has the EMP grenade which is very useful for chucking at vehicles/walkers to knock out their electronics so comrades with rockets can knock them out

I unlocked rockets last time because armour is annoying unless you’re in it

Assault/Medic (one class combined) and Support (big not-very-accurate MG) so far I’ve played, Recon is about sniper and Special Forces. He has C4-type kit and mines (motion mines eek stop the wagon!) and he sneaks into enemy bases to demolish the enemy’s radar and vital installations. Standard soldiers are not allowed to attack the enemy uncapturable base (with the No Entry sign on the map) but he’s allowed to sneak around

Engineer class has the Repair function, oxy-acetylene :slight_smile: kit and he can make mines safe and a few other bits. So in an armour unit he’s very valuable because even inside his vehicle he repairs friendly vehicles which draw up close to his vehicle

I get a PB error at the TG server not sure what that is but for WW2-style armour sims which I can’t remember the names it’s been so very bloody long </rant> the Timeless Tampa server (or Highway Tampa in the rotating map-scripts) makes up for not having a WW2 armour sim Oleg :slight_smile:

After a while in Tampa after grabbing a couple of bases each, forces build up and you get really massive battles out on the plains between the oil refineries. I stopped to admire the view behind as we charged to an enemy base that we’d just dropped an artillery strike on. We’d got them on the run, whole thing is a movie. Then the balance shifts as they regroup and start kicking our arses. Balanced yes that’s it, the devs work off the paper/rock/scissors principle so you never quite get full air supremacy :slight_smile:

In armour take a look at the one-inch Plexiglass visor view and how you can actually see through the thickness of the armoured glass, refraction - another one for Oleg and the Spitfire was-it Mk9 to copy please. There’s also display artifacts (modelled by the game) - sweeping lines and that. Really has the feel of the modern computerised battlefield- but then there’s the EMP grenades/shells which remind you you have to get out of the deathtrap, scissors beats paper :slight_smile:

No worries JR, what I like about this one is that even if your mates aren’t on you still get to work in a team or you can get work as a gunner if the Join Squad button doesn’t work grr :slight_smile:

Btw following squad leader’s orders gets you more points. And as a squad leader you get more points (than kills/revives) for following Commander’s orders.

If you’re bounced :slight_smile: into the squad leader position and you know there’s a chance that if you leave the squad you won’t be able to join (bug thing) another squad - stick with SL and listen for Commander’s orders. Accept his orders (Page Up “Sir yes sir!” to accept, Page Down to decline) and you get extra points as squad leader. When you accept his order you automatically have told your squad to do what Commander ordered. The chain of command like this gets everyone points from Commander down to all in the squad. Killing the enemy within the radius of the commanded “Hold this position” gets extra points too. SL gets points if you obey him (efficiently) Hugely team-based top to bottom

On kit: look for the unlocks in each class that has something called NetBat I think it’s called. Battlefield Network. This is a helmet with a comms system that paints the enemy with a red diamond on to your visor if you’re wearing the kit. And one of those helmets broadcasts this enemy-ID-diamond to the rest of the team. You may have seen the red diamonds already and seen how they track the enemy soldier behind obstacles. You’re seeing them because your squad leader has the NetBat unlock: no NetBat helmet AND no squad leader broadcasting the info is bad news. And of course the enemy has them too :slight_smile:

So after the very important defib chaps have a look at improving your comms with NetBat rather than getting the bigger weapons, there’s not that much difference between the MGs but battlefield ID-the-enemy you’re going to need all the help you can get

Ming