Amazing

Sitting in the cockpit of my Hurricane, waiting for temps to raise.

I stare at the shadows of the struts above the instruments and…

yes, the shadow is slowly moving as the sun rises.

Later, Dover. Beautiful.

A few minutes later, again Dover, but in IL2. It`s like our sim has aged 10 years in a few days.

I fully agree! Beautiful simulator will give us great satisfaction!:smiley:

It`s like our sim has aged 10 years in a few days.

And our pc’s :rolleyes:

2011-05-27

Ah thanks Nepe, maybe it is time to try it again

Ming

Tempting :rolleyes:

I’m still not convinced. I like the effects and the 3D.
But the terrain really kills it for me. As someone local to what is supposed to be represented I just can’t believe what I see.
Plus although it makes IL2 look 10 years old, the AI haven’t aged at all.

I do think it may get better with time, but at the moment I’m still not drawn in.

There are more to a good game than grafics.
For the last couple of years the game industry have focus on making good looking games, but in my opinion the gameplay have been suffering.
Like when Rainbow Six series was sold of.

Cliff of Dover does look good and the FM have a nice feel to it. The fidelity and realisme are excellent. But I think it is very short on gameplay.
I short, the server tools suck and there are no seow.

Brigs, try flying at sunset or sunrise. I too think that the colours at midday are too bright.

Starfire, the new C# scripts are very powerful. We are just starting to learn about them, but those scripts will make a world of difference.

The possibilities for mission making are miles ahead of IL2, we just need to learn them (because theres no documentation :rolleyes:)

It is a pity there are those unnecessary small online maps with nonsense shapes and colors. If only it would have been for that beatiful channel map, the game would have given better impression and get more enthusiasts and less detractors. :rolleyes:

It’s still very much beta IMHO. Yes it looks nice in a certain light/time of day, but so does IL2.

I was looking at the fields and hedgerows whilst out walking the dogs this morning. Field sizes have increased since the 40’s, but the make up of a wild hedgerow in southern England hasn’t changed. It looks awful. Colours wise is bad as well. I’ve never seen the rancid green being used in any part of the seasons in the uk.

It will improve, but I feel we’re still 6 months from when it should have been released.

rancid

lol tell us what you really think :slight_smile:

“It was the colour of a radioactive toad…”

Much more subdued now Simon and quite flyable, towns seem to look better, seems more naturalistic. One’s mind could be going of course or it’s the placebo effect

Hmm actually what it was was I was so busy keeping it flying level, all the instruments had sprung to life, the gear wasn’t up, where’s the flaps controls, doing 160 is that good where’s the airfield what the bloody hell is that noise. Barvellous :slight_smile:

What I mean is: in that edge-of-the-seat scenario the terrain played very much a secondary role. Maybe that’s the trick :slight_smile:

Ming

I thought that a post called “Amazing” would be a good place to post this artwork by Kris :slight_smile:

ahhhh, excellent ploy Nepe.

Stunning work by kris, as always.

Nearly got me Nepe, almost, maybe have another try once the Se5 stops returning my phone calls.

Much more subdued… :eek:

or it’s the placebo effect
That’ll be it. :rolleyes:

The scenery hasn’t changed with any of the patches. Its still screams mid summer Kursk instead of the much softer tones of Kent.

In Nepe’s screenshot you’ll notice the Hurricane is painted with the temperate paint scheme of dark earth and olive drab, not mustard brown and lime green. :slight_smile:

On the playability side, the game is playable and has been from the first patch (for me), but there’s still much much more to be done before gameplay comes up to scratch and on a par with IL2 on its initial release. There is flashes of brilliance and some really nice touch’s which definately make you think “Amazing”, but its let down by basic stuff which should have been nailed early doors.

This is the third sim coded in Russia that I’ve played that has been released too early. (T34 vs Tiger, RoF and now CloD) They could really have learnt something from the way that DCS:A10 was released.

Anyway, not to CloD up Nepe’s amazing thread with discussion, I’ll back out - the batman has just called, my Camel is ready for a dawn patrol over the lines. :wink:

Suffering a little by colour blindness I cannot follow your speculation about the usage of colours in COD :slight_smile:

still screams mid summer Kursk instead of the much softer tones of Kent

True enough

It only needs a desaturation post-processing filter though, MyEyesMyeyes setting down to something below the current UltravioletCatastrophe would be good :slight_smile:

Ming

Olive Drab, OLIVE BLEEDIN DRAB
how very dare you young sir, RAF dark green I will have you know…
The Spanners used OD forsooth, not the His Britannic Majesties (Gawd Bless im) Royal Air Force

lol - Olive drab it is then. :stuck_out_tongue:

She was married to Blakey or that other smaller one that looked like a rat

Ming