Tutorial Graphics 3d and other

very nice guys take look

http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/Photoshop/1

Thx, good job Wild …

Nice Wildcat,

I wonder why you would use photoshop though when you are already learning 3d max.

You can achieve much more control and flexibility by building your logo in 3d, texturing it and lighting it for final render within the 3d app.

Will achieve much better drop shadows and a higher quality to the finished item.

Colin

PS: a high resolution Image to work from >> http://www.aeronautica.difesa.it/CSA/CBR/51Stormo/Img/51st.jpg

I know it’s for fun, I see you sign and i’ll bet that is made with 3d program

Good training site here Wildy

Sporran I’m taking up the Foundation 6.02 -to- Essentials 7 (ICE) special offer from Softimage since they’ve decided to drop Foundation versions, one-off offer can’t refuse. Rigid body dynamics simulations, Syflex, hair and wotnot. Is the drool apparent :slight_smile:

Ming

I really looked hard at Softimage’s offerings Ming, the temptation of running under Linux nearly got me. Problem always is being used to workflow in whatever your chosen app is.

How are you getting on with XSI ?
Do you happen to have a gallery of your developing work up anywhere ?

I see more and more quality work coming from XSI artists and the temptation to jump ship is still there. I guess when time comes to upgrade I will need to do some serious thinking on this.

Every 3d app has limitations and strengths, for me, cinema 4d’s UI and workflow override its limitations in other aspects for now but I can see a time…

Sporran

please don’t tell me install other apps LOL we can start our 3d forum?

Im using Wings3d :slight_smile:
It is very limited, but it is easy to understand and I think good for learning basics without spending money.

Paf,

Wings3d is a great polygon based modeller.

There is also Blender, a pretty capable free 3d modelling/rendering/texturing/animation package with a somewhat quirky interface.

I cant get into it myself due to the UI but it does seem capable and is free.

Sporran

Yes, I tried Blender once, but the user-interface is too confusing for me.

I really looked hard at Softimage’s offerings Ming, the temptation of running under Linux nearly got me. Problem always is being used to workflow in whatever your chosen app is.

I haven’t got a workflow whatever that is :slight_smile:

How are you getting on with XSI ?
Do you happen to have a gallery of your developing work up anywhere ?

I took a break from training and played a few games for a bit until the feeling came back Spoz. Just lately as it happens :slight_smile:

Getting Keets’ RAF flag going under the Syflex cloth simulation, bloody marvellous mate and I’m back to that every-waking-moment thing, dreaming about some fiendish plan to model Biggin Hill or more likely RAF Binbrook as there are some Binbrook experts already in :slight_smile:

I’ve always been bonkers about simulations, that’s how I got into online flying in the first place… so this XSI offer (trialing it now) seems to come at the perfect time for me. Simulations of WW2 stuff- crikey I’m in heaven. But only starting out. Still :slight_smile:

I see more and more quality work coming from XSI artists and the temptation to jump ship is still there. I guess when time comes to upgrade I will need to do some serious thinking on this.

XSI is like Il-2, it holds the same place as a really solid application and very deep. Well seeing as how games spring from 3D design applications- rather than the other way around: it’s even more immersive than the games it’s building. Maya is the flavour of the month commercially by the look of it but this new ICE wotsit looks good. Bit advanced for me right now but a good sign that Softimage is doing something right

Every 3d app has limitations and strengths, for me, cinema 4d’s UI and workflow override its limitations in other aspects for now but I can see a time…

We do tend to love what we’ve got, being as how we’ve got it and we never choose unwisely. How could we :slight_smile:

I’ll get this flag/physics bug out of the way and then see if we can knock up something authentic in the autumn term :slight_smile:

In starting out trialing 6.5 Essentials the other day I dropped a ball on to a cube and it bounced and did the brrrrr-rattle-clonk thing as gravity battled with the elastic collision. Fooking big soppy grin on my face. I’ve come home Lassie :slight_smile:

Ming

Just noticing you chaps saying about user interfaces. You get me to realise that that’s what I like about XSI, it’s object-orientated and everything is just where you expect it to be, everything has a property page with everything exposed and dead simple to tweak. Persistence Of Vision I started out on when it was all fields through here, I tried Blender and I’ve used TrueSpace a little but they’re rather toyish and nothing is where you expect it to be

<lightbulb>

This must be the workflow thing :slight_smile:

Ming

dho! other program to learn?

im doing this now

EAF51 crest WIP

Aye Ming,

thats the workflow thing, not having to spend half an hour looking for the tool that does the job you need.

Your workflow develops as you use an application, trying to transfer that workflow to another application means your fighting yourself ( and the app ) at every action.

I’ve come home Lassie

erm… I have heard about 19’s trouble differentiating Lassies from laddies :roflmao:

Wildcat,

Great stuff, you certainly seem to be mastering the modeling side. Have a look at the lighting options. You should be able to set shadow type, either soft shaddows ( shaddow maps ) or raytraced shadows will help you achieve a little more polish on your final renders.

Reading up on phong shading ( called shading groups in max i believe ) will help you avoid the CG stepping on the curve of your shield, smoothing it into one natural curve rather than a set of faceted angles.

Good stuff though !

Sporran

Thx Sporran, Yes im try to understand something with material and light but isn’t easy expecialy when time for rendering because is hig :mad:

there are so many parameters that is very hard know what move letz try…

some screen:

with phong Algorytm look lower on crest little better light

Can you apply different smoothing-groups to get the edges abit more round?
I think it will give better result on the light/reflections.

Done it if you see black area in reflection is because im using HDRI map reflection that simulate light form windows or other, the dark are no light on that zone

anyway better than first look on edge

Thx Paf

Breezy day in London leads to musings about a back-burner project. Every airfield needs a windsock :slight_smile:

“I’ll be in the wind tunnel if you need me. Ok outside it. Can you speak a bit louder btw”

Ming

Wildcat,

Much nicer, approaching photorealism, hdri maps for reflections only, or are you using the HDRI mapped onto a sphere for a radiosity based render ?

Sporran

both Sporran, the wood are made for reflect HDRI and obj and an HDRI map is used for illuminate abient such as a window or other emitter of light do

If you want ill expalin you how do it! but you need Vray plugin