93.71? 97.94 are the latest, it may be worth updating.

Dano is right, 93.71 are for GE forge and that drivers doesn’t fit 8800. You probably mentioned that drivers by mistake however, your card need of its own drivers, downlodable from 8800 drivers’ dedicated database.

Hello Bear,

i had game-crashing trouble with my Nvidia 6800 Ultra more or less the last two years. I fumbled around with graphics drivers, mobo/chipset drivers, cpu-drivers, bios settings and different bios releases and two million different graphics settings:( it was sometimes better and sometimes worse but never 100% stable…then I changed graphics card to Ati 1950 Pro…and: at least IL2 was 93% stable;) , but my two favourite racing games (GT Legends and GTR2) crashed always after some minutes…I did the usual (Drivers, settings, Bios etc.) but no avail. Then I remembered from Win 98 days about tinkering with the virtual memory. Common thought on Win XP is keep this to be handled automatically by Win XP, but just for a change I set it manually to 8192 Kb fixed…and surprise, surprise…the crashes are gone:) , 100% stable in all 3D-Applications…maybe worth a try for you? I hope it will help!

Greetings

Thor

Good news, gents

First of all thank to all your supportive reactions.
Ming0s point of view was the investigation direction what I was following during the last days. Ming was right about the fcat that the two happenings seem to be independent. When freezing I had to stop the game with Ctrl+Alt+Canc through Task manager.

Anyway, as I am quite dumb with PC’s, I gave my PC two days to my dealer (269GA_Maxese) ane he apparently fixed things. Games seem to be stable now. This is what he did:

1. fixing conflict between Intel MB Audio and Audigy.
  2. flashing BIOS
  3. Updating mobo intel drivers

Action number 1 fixed the game freezings. Maxese discovered that a starnge message appeard in all games when freezing and was able to investigate about it. It seem many other 8800 owners had the same problem.
Game freezing seem to be related to a conflict between mobo audio card and Audigy. With original audio card buiolt in Intel mobo TS was not working. I was listening but not heard. So that’s why I decided to install the Audigy card. Since when I installed the Audigy audiio card, freezing problems started. As soon the conflict problems between the rwo audio cards have been removed, no more games freezing.

The other two actions (BIOS and mobo tuning) seem to fix the other problem. My plane was exploding sayng a message like “fuel thank explodes, player killed”. Since two days, after Maxese’s treatment, this is not animore happened.

Let’s cross our fiongers… :slight_smile:

Now both GRAW and IL2 seem to work perfectly at maximum video settings :wink:

@ Redthorn and dano:

Mi graphic card is a ASUS Nvidia 8800GTS PCI EX 640MB HTDP HDCP.
And you are right, dano. Forceware 97.94 are the last releasd correct drivers for that card. That is wahat I installed recently (it was probably my tipewriting mistake in the previous post)

Glad to see it looks like you are sorted Bear :slight_smile: