I-16 Mosca, flying at Madrid

well, not yet because they are waiting for some administrative papers. But the plane is in perfect condition to fly :slight_smile:

I was at Cuatro Vientos (Madrid) airport to see her. All of us have seen the Mosca (also known as Rata) in the game many times, but in real life she is a beauty! Not so small as I imagined her, and the engine is huge!

I was there looking at her for an hour :slight_smile: Really looking forward to hear that 1000hp M82 engine and see her in the air.

It was a type 5, converted to type 24, and dissapeared in Karelia in 1942. Recovered some years ago, rebuilt in Russia and then went to New Zealand. Now she has been bought by “Infante de Orleans Foundation” (www.fio.es) and she will be flying every month :slight_smile:

Many pics from Cuatro Vientos here:
Cuatro Vientos pics

I´ll take a camera next time.

should be very very nice to see a bird like this flying arround :slight_smile: anyway…, its always nice to see a Rata flying arround :smiley:

Thanx Nepe :slight_smile:

S!

hey Cassa, when are you coming to see her?

I have place for you and Tania, ao what are you waiting for? :wink:

well, not yet because they are waiting for some administrative papers. But the plane is in perfect condition to fly
“A plane is incapable of flight until the weight of paper exceeds the weight of the aircraft”
:wink:

Looks nice Nepe, wish I could be there to see it

Nepe :),

perhaps we will go in the begining of the next year…, maybe on Jan of Feb. Lets see how things going…

thanx m8…, mi casa és tu casa anytime Nepe :slight_smile:

S!

omg! so they actually were real planes! Looks like a bloody huge engine on a wee airframe!