HL / IL2 Shortcut issues

HELP

Trying to get online tonight for some training and irrespective of what version of IL2 I select HL claims that it cannot locate the install and I am not able to join any games.

I have checked properties and shortcuts:

C:\Ubisoft\HSFX 4.1\il2fb.exe

C:\Ubisoft\Ultra Pack 2.0\il2fb.exe

All was running well last week being able to alternate between HSFX and UP2.0. Previously I have not been able to run UP2.0 OL but that seemed to sort itself somehow.

Now I cannot get OL at all.

I am running Win 7 64 bit - any suggestions / solutions ??

Many thanks,

Jonah:confused:

Disconnect from HL if you’re connected

When you now go to run HL while being disconnected, don’t hit the HL shortcut directly, instead hold down Ctrl and Shift before hitting the HL shortcut, you’ll see HL ask you (in a dialog box) where your Il-2 version is located. Browse to identify the il2fb.exe that you want to fly and Save Jonah. It’s 'Im! :slight_smile:

(“It’s 'Im, Jonah!”) Jonah was a cartoon character in the Beano I think, bit like Del Boy’s Uncle) http://www.comicsuk.co.uk/Interviews/KenReid/JonahStrip.htm

Join the Forgotten Battles section and prepare to scuttle :slight_smile:

Ming

Win 7 64 bit - any suggestions

Make sure you run HL and even Il-2 in Administrator mode

Hit the right mouse button on the executables for HL and Il-2, see the file’s Properties if you need to set Compatibility options perhaps

Right click on the shortcuts on your desktop or wherever and take the option ‘Run as adminstrator’ before double clicking on them to run the applications/programs/games as usual

You might need to do this on more than just these programs Jonah, depending on your computer rights, your Permissions to run executables - under Vista and Win7

Ming

… Not by me I might add. However, the new version of HL 4.08 has cured all my woes. I can now switch between HSFX and Ultra Pack with no issues. New version of HL is Win 7 64 bit friendly it would appear.

Regards

Jonah

It is easy, set HL on compatibility win 98
and il2 compatibility with xp sp2

I told him this above ^ Wildy. It is brain-fart :slight_smile:

Make sure you run HL and even Il-2 in Administrator mode

Hit the right mouse button on the executables for HL and Il-2, see the file’s Properties if you need to set Compatibility options perhaps
Ming