Guest settings: please help

Sorry chaps I’m getting discos from more than one comrade’s server now so it must be something my end <Matron checks end>

Hyperlobby ini
conf.ini
FB connection speed

Are all I can think of might be porked

Could some kind person please outline the main things that I might have got wrong in settings? The vital bits please, I think my router’s ok but host’s are NOT seeing any warnings that anyone is ‘cheating’ when I get booted - this is the puzzling thing… doesn’t seem like lag or ISP timeout (broadband)

I’ve got a McAfee virus-checker running but nothing else in the background. It updates itself at bootup only

How to fault-find it that’s the thing please - how to get feedback on what’s going wrong if possible - very frustrating. Can network gurus think of anything I might be missing. Grandmothers eggs suspended for the duration pretend I’m a complete idiot. I said pretend! :slight_smile:

Thanks for any help I’ll try to avoid abusing the furniture while in this trough of despair :slight_smile:

Ming

Age old support questions coming up…

Q: What has changed since you started having the problem?

(They all say no, so its followed by)
Q: Are you sure?

Make sure:

You could try setting your clientRate in the hlpro.ini to 8000. Leave the serverRate at 1500 (I think it puts this in the network settings when you host and 8000 when you are a client).

Check this thread out for an explanation:

http://www.europeanaf.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2074&page=1&pp=10

Aside from that, its then down to the server (host) you join. Whiskey had very aggressive settings last night. More than one person was kicked. Do you get kicked from Majik’s server?

Does your ping spike in game? any pauses? How fast can a cheetah run? :slight_smile:

Don’t you touch that router, don’t even think about it. And stop fiddling with your settings… :slight_smile:

Nice Keets :slight_smile:

Q: What has changed since you started having the problem?

Hmmm apart from the added soundcard-

You remind me that someone was talking about ClientRate, ServerRate - hmmm did I fiddle :slight_smile:

[b]Q: Are you sure?

Make sure:[/b]

Wilco!

<lightbulb> I could go back to my Acronis image now you come to mention it Keets :slight_smile: - wow thanks that sounds good…

You could try setting your clientRate in the hlpro.ini to 8000. Leave the serverRate at 1500 (I think it puts this in the network settings when you host and 8000 when you are a client)

Thanks mate that’s the stuff I’m after, will check the thread too

Aside from that, its then down to the server (host) you join. Whiskey had very aggressive settings last night. More than one person was kicked. Do you get kicked from Majik’s server?

Just the once or twice but only after I’d heard him discussing the host’s pingfilter and how to tighten it up :slight_smile: (no ‘cheating’ messages though - Majik assures me that he’s got that set up to warn us)

Does your ping spike in game? any pauses?

Nothing like that no, not out of the ordinary but will watch out for that

How fast can a cheetah run?

Depends what it’s chasing :cool:

Don’t you touch that router, don’t even think about it. And stop fiddling with your settings…

lol sorry mate :slight_smile:

I’m getting 8Mb Bulldog any decade now - ‘couple of weeks’ allegedly. I’ll be driving you mad don’t go on holiday or anything for the next few months will you :slight_smile:

And thanks very much mate! Quite cheered me up that has - and I’ve got boot drive images - why else am I making these boot drive images… :slight_smile:

Ming

STOP PRESS: In other news…

I realise only this minute - talking about boot drive images - that I can open up those Acronis boot images and grab the earlier 3.04m folder which I stupidly patched to 4.0 last night… blimey it’s all going too well again. Good lunch helps yes :slight_smile: