DCS: Openbeta 2.7 Patch Changelog!

I made a mission on Syria map and hosted online (modern planes) just before this, mostly to try out the new weather (ok, I only tried one preset, but still). Looks good, but I have my graphics set pretty low due to old graphics card, so not stunning. Most of the time I had decent framerate even if most of the fighting was over Beirut, but I did feel it slow down a bit at times when at low over the city. Not unflyable, but not fully enjoyable. Haven’t tried any prop plane yet, looking forward to flying the Spit without the mess that was supposed to be a prop in front of me.

Sirya is the most demandig map, 32Gb of ram are requested and also a 1070 to run it properly. The Channel and props could go with 16Gb and a 1060 (but still 32Gb could be the game changer).

EAF51_Jimmi

1m

really happy for the result!
the lighting with the clouds is awesome!

the new propellers too!

had 2 crash at the beginning and after that it seemed stable…
also sow had 2 crashes…

i saw a mask in the vr desktop mirror so i think they are using some of the vr mod tricks…

After a update is good practice delete the content of metashader, fxo and also temp files. There are some utilities that do this automatically.
One of these is

Use it only if You know what You are doing :blush:

Damn … a first upgrade step of 2 GB and a second of 31 GB … it will take me two days to download everything and install, then hoping that the PC supports everything well and runs without crashing.

Dedalo from what I see, if You don’t touch the graphic options and enable only the clouds probably You will notice no difference in FPS, ED this time has done a great job👍

do we have new settings?
in the hurry i haven’t changed anything…!

For the clouds…different level…As usual I tried only…ULTRA :rofl:
Found the “quadra” for the clouds, to have the visual effect of ED movie I need to push FSAA 1.5x but accept a loss of frames of about 15…
Now on SOW I made 45 FPS…tonight I will see if hte graphic “wow” worth it or if I will switch to puffy clouds and more FPS.

1 Like

Shopping done. Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, I had quite a few strange things happen tonight.
First of all, I had engines that stopped working for no apparent reason. First in the P-51, I didn’t have any warnings signs before it happened, and once it had stopped I didn’t see any signs of overheating or anything, but I have blown engines in the 51 before. Then I took a P-47, and then it happened in that as well! No warning this time either, that was the first time it’s happened to me in the 47, but I haven’t flown it a whole lot, so.
So I switched to a Spitfire, and now it happened in that as well, and that has never happened to me for no reason (I know when I have flown in a way that will ruin the engine of the Spit!).

I also lost all the icons on the map, and when I left the server and came out to the UI screen on DCS, all the module icons at the bottom had disappeared as had a lot of other stuff.

I suspect/hope we might get a fix in the coming days…

3 Likes

From Western Front…Amazing!!!

5 Likes

Nothing to say about the new path. completely renewed the game.

just a “couple” of issues that happened to me yesterday:

1. crash to desktop hitting “refly” after an offline instant mission, fix: quit to home screen and launch again
  2. Blue screen of death. Happened one time.
  3. FPS drop after zooming on a dense area and quick moving the head. Fix: reboot
  4. Track ir not recognized. Fix: reboot

Each time log automatically sent to ED.
Looking forward for an hotfix.

Every time You change graphic option in the range of aliasing options or other that change geocmetry calculations be advised to restart the game or a crash is probably.
For the drop in fps at low level must be checked if You are online or offline and if You have just changed the graphic setting. Antialiasing could be a killer at low level due to the huge amount of slanted surface that need to be armonised.

2 Likes