Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hornet Flying

S/L, X/O of 41 Wing, T/O EAF79_OD's Avatar

Default Re: Hornet Flying

Give in to your inner fat-jet pilot and join us! You'll feel right at home with all the buttons being pressed, switches flicked and levers moved!
    Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to.
    "That's some catch, that Catch-22," he observed.
    "It's the best there is," Doc Daneeka agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by EAF79_OD View Post
    Give in to your inner fat-jet pilot and join us! You'll feel right at home with all the buttons being pressed, switches flicked and levers moved!
    Ma erse...get back to seeing what yer shooting at...I'll be heading back to flying the old stuff this year when I buy FC. { Meat or metal..that's what you aim at }

S/L, X/O of 41 Wing, T/O EAF79_OD's Avatar

You always see what you're shooting at in the Harrier...then you see it go "poof" as a Sidewinder rips it in half
    Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to.
    "That's some catch, that Catch-22," he observed.
    "It's the best there is," Doc Daneeka agreed.

Well well, now that my new rig is set up I can load DCS and get into cockpit in about 40 secs, compared to the 10 minutes with the old rig, so I might just be ready when the rest of you want to roll. So yup, i'm keen to get back to flying together instead of trailing 50 nm behind all on my tod trying to figure out WTF is going on while watching my backside.

A form up pattern would be cool, and a rdv point just after target.

BTW have not yet configured my key-bindings for jets with my TM Hotas, but will attend to this asap.
    "Sit and spin the fire". Extract from Topsy Turvey Land, a poem by William Brighty Rands.
    "In the bar everyone knows what they should have done - the problem is in applying it in the heat of the action". F Barthe RIP

Sounds good Topsy!
    Btw, you're not alone wondering WTF is going on, at least not when flying on someone elses server without icons on.

"The more thy sweat in training,
    The less thy bleed in combat!"