Thread: Video Problems

Default Video Problems

Recently I have been getting PC crashes due to video display problems. Now my screen from boot is covered with white dashes and streaks of pixels from other parts of the displayed image.

When I check the Device Manager the Nvidia card has a warning triangle and a message "Windows has stopped the device because it has problems (code 43)"

This basically means that Windows no longer recognizes the device, so I un-installed and re-installed with no improvement. I guess this means my video card is dead or seriously ill.

My screen settings have now changed from 1920 x 1080, 60Hz to 1280 x 1025 at 64 Hz at best and I can't get back to the previous settings.

My Nvidia control panel disappeared from the task bar lower right so I loaded up the latest Nvidia GeForce Game Ready user interface and the latest drivers for my Ge Force GTX570 - to no avail.

I also checked the windows display drivers and I seem to have the latest update (22/05/2018).

Any ideas
    "Sit and spin the fire". Extract from Topsy Turvey Land, a poem by William Brighty Rands.
    "In the bar everyone knows what they should have done - the problem is in applying it in the heat of the action". F Barthe RIP

Default Re: Video Problems

Yup, sounds like your graphics card have had it, time to get a new one I would say.
    On the positive side, it's a good excuse to upgrade it.

"The more thy sweat in training,
    The less thy bleed in combat!"

For the time being Have replaced my old GTX570 with a GTX1050, while waiting take over my son's computer which has a GTX970.
    So back on-line with a slightly better card.
    "Sit and spin the fire". Extract from Topsy Turvey Land, a poem by William Brighty Rands.
    "In the bar everyone knows what they should have done - the problem is in applying it in the heat of the action". F Barthe RIP

I've got the 970 Topsy, I can help you with the settings for DCS, to get the best performance with the best eye candy

Stevie
    Target 4 'o' clock low

@Red
    Thanks M8 will give you a shout when I get his "old" gear with the 970. In the meantime on my current rig the 1050 is supposed to be 23% faster than the expired 570 and it does indeed seem that trackIR is more responsive. Will test/tune the 1050 properly tonight, but have already put my DCS settings one notch higher.