Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UK meet up with international access!

S/L, X/O of 41 Wing, T/O EAF79_OD's Avatar

Default Re: UK meet up with international access!

Stansted has a train station directly underneath. You can get the train from there to Peterborough and then change for Leeds. It'll take a couple of hours though. There are a few places in the Midlands that you can use to change though so Birmingham is another option.

I'll bet you can hire a PC, but it wouldn't be cheap and everything would have to be pre-loaded on to it; I'd bet it would be problematic and we'd spend most of the weekend getting it set up. Provided we had enough UK attendees we'd be able to share them pretty well.

I wonder if there are specific places that you can go that host LAN parties? Must be something like that somewhere.
    Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to.
    "That's some catch, that Catch-22," he observed.
    "It's the best there is," Doc Daneeka agreed.

What about going to something like this?
    https://www.epiclan.co.uk
    They rent out PCs. Kettering is on the Grand Central Line, which would probably involve going into London and then out again on the train but it isn’t too bad.

Can you only fly to Stansted?
    Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to.

If Swoop was coming he'd potentially be able to go up the M-11 to pick you up from Stansted to go to anywhere in the North, this would give access to the A1 or the M1 & M6. So it wouldn't be too bad. I don't know that we have anyone else in the South-East.

Good idea.
    If I'm coming with my gear I'll come by car via Eurotunnel at Calais with PC, screen etc - i'm quite used to doing this for my demos. If someone wants to ride with me from Paris that would be cool as we can share costs for tunnel/petrol. For the Italians/Scandinavians it might be easier to fly to Paris ?
    I can take three passengers.
    "Sit and spin the fire". Extract from Topsy Turvey Land, a poem by William Brighty Rands.
    "In the bar everyone knows what they should have done - the problem is in applying it in the heat of the action". F Barthe RIP

Honestly, a group of virtual pilots and none of us has a private jet!

Erik, swing us along on Cathay 1st Class...? ????

Thanks for the research, OD, I’ll certainly come if the dates work out

I have a friend in Lincolnshire who owns a disused WWII bomber airfield, a few biplanes from WWI and a TBM700 (I think), a kind of turboprop job that flies as fast as a commercial jet. I can ask him if he would like to pick us up in Paris and drop us near Leeds, but he's more into the real thing than sims. Come to think of it, it was he who got me interested in sims about 35 years ago, so i'll give it a try !
    "Sit and spin the fire". Extract from Topsy Turvey Land, a poem by William Brighty Rands.
    "In the bar everyone knows what they should have done - the problem is in applying it in the heat of the action". F Barthe RIP