Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UK meet up with international access!

S/L, X/O of 41 Wing, T/O EAF79_OD's Avatar

Default Re: UK meet up with international access!

Any feedback at all? I don't want to waste loads of time finding out about it only to find no one is interested. We'll still need some decent numbers to make it happen.
    Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to.
    "That's some catch, that Catch-22," he observed.
    "It's the best there is," Doc Daneeka agreed.

I don't think I will be able to make it this year, my traveling allowance will be used going to Russia and inside Sweden. It would be nice to meet up, but it probably wouldn't be practical to bring my flying gear anyway, so for me it's more likely to happen on a flight show like at Duxford or something.

"The more thy sweat in training,
    The less thy bleed in combat!"

I’m still up for it, the venue doesn’t really bother me OD... you’ll have the best knowledge about that. As long as there’s a pub near
    The only thing that could bugger me up is the dates.. but I’ll deal with that when the time comes

Stevie
    Target 4 'o' clock low

Trainee

I would be interested, but it will not be with my gear. A flight show or ala Duxford or similar could be fun.

S/L, X/O of 41 Wing, T/O EAF79_OD's Avatar

I think we look at air shows separately, but Duxford or RIAT would be great.

Should we try and nail down a month for a meet up with gear? We could either go for late spring or autumn, summer is probably not a good time, too hot and too busy with long days.

As starters for 10 how about:
    April or October?
    Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to.
    "That's some catch, that Catch-22," he observed.
    "It's the best there is," Doc Daneeka agreed.

W/C of 51° Stormo, T/O Jimmi EAF51's Avatar

Still don’t know if i will make it but still interested!
    Reaching Topsy in France could be fun!
    September-October could be good for me!

VEF - Bellum- Seow Marianes - Seow Crete - Seow Stalingrad -Seow Med MultiSector NE Africa/Nw Malta - SOW I II III & IV
    155º Gruppo 51º Stormo
    We will intercept them, shoot them down and drink some grappa afterwards! Woah!

I'm still keen. Will come by car and will renew my offer to share with up to 3 passengers for those who can make it to Paris. I also have a small trailer so we can put sim gear in the boot and bags in the trailer.
    "Sit and spin the fire". Extract from Topsy Turvey Land, a poem by William Brighty Rands.
    "In the bar everyone knows what they should have done - the problem is in applying it in the heat of the action". F Barthe RIP