Thread: Cockpit Visual Recon Mode

S/L, X/O of 41 Wing, T/O EAF79_OD's Avatar

Default Cockpit Visual Recon Mode

Hi all,
    After last night we found out about visual recon mode - I think that this in generally switched on in most servers, but I've never really known what it does.
    Your mouse needs to be in 'slew' mode rather than the selection mode and you can right click on targets that you spot out of the cockpit. This then puts a mark on the F-10 map for all of the coalition to see. This is also something that the Ground Commander can do, if they have Combined Arms.

This should start to come in quite handy and allow for people to have a better idea of where to look for targets in future. I may also add a drivable JTAC vehicle into missions to allow for smoke designation from those that have Combined Arms.

OD
    Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to.
    "That's some catch, that Catch-22," he observed.
    "It's the best there is," Doc Daneeka agreed.

W/C of 51° Stormo, T/O Jimmi EAF51's Avatar

Default Re: Cockpit Visual Recon Mode

Quote Originally Posted by EAF79_OD View Post
    Your mouse needs to be in 'slew' mode rather than the selection mode
    what is slew mode?

VEF - Bellum- Seow Marianes - Seow Crete - Seow Stalingrad -Seow Med MultiSector NE Africa/Nw Malta - SOW I II III & IV
    155º Gruppo 51º Stormo
    We will intercept them, shoot them down and drink some grappa afterwards! Woah!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmi EAF51 View Post
    what is slew mode?
    It's another mode for the mouse, I think it is why it was not working for me. Normally the mouse is used for manipulating controls, I think it is when you use the mouse instead of Track IR to slew the camera. I can't claim to be 100% sure.
    Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to.

W/C of 51° Stormo, T/O Jimmi EAF51's Avatar

SuperGood news!
    recon has just went 2x important!

ty OD!

VEF - Bellum- Seow Marianes - Seow Crete - Seow Stalingrad -Seow Med MultiSector NE Africa/Nw Malta - SOW I II III & IV
    155º Gruppo 51º Stormo
    We will intercept them, shoot them down and drink some grappa afterwards! Woah!

Looks like this is a setting that also needs to be allowed in the Mission Editor. I’ll see if I can do that and if it makes any difference.