Thread: CombatFlite Mission planning tool out

Default CombatFlite Mission planning tool out

CombatFlite - free mission planning tool for DCS is now available for DL.

You can set up packages, CAP zones, tanker tracks, build target briefing maps etc etc. You can even check on terrain masking and create kneeboards. Having been shown professional versions of this sort of software for RL armed forces I think this could well be a game-changer for organising MP DCS events and missions.

Looks seriously impressive!

https://www.combatflite.com/
    [SIG][SIG]

It's a damn good job they're in the RAF, otherwise they'd be all out there blowing up banks. (Derek Robinson, 'Piece of Cake')

W/C of 51° Stormo, T/O Jimmi EAF51's Avatar

Default Re: CombatFlite Mission planning tool out

Good find!

Od Topsy Cirso and DCS planners can you check it?

VEF - Bellum- Seow Marianes - Seow Crete - Seow Stalingrad -Seow Med MultiSector NE Africa/Nw Malta - SOW I II III & IV
    155º Gruppo 51º Stormo
    We will intercept them, shoot them down and drink some grappa afterwards! Woah!

OD posted about it on our FB page. Looks really interesting.

"The more thy sweat in training,
    The less thy bleed in combat!"

S/L, X/O of 41 Wing, T/O EAF79_OD's Avatar

I thought it was for the Viggen at first, but it is for all aircraft. The Viggen really benefits though because it can be used for the data cartridge. Because I thought it was for the Viggen I just tagged Mikke in it, not had a chance to get on the forum to post it yet - now I find it's been done
    Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to.
    "That's some catch, that Catch-22," he observed.
    "It's the best there is," Doc Daneeka agreed.

I can't really see what to do with it, it won't let me change from the NTTR map. I'll have another go when I get some time.
    Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to.

I messed around a bit with this yesterday. It is fairly easy to make a nice SP mission and the depth is huge so I suspect very complex, linked scenarios could also be made.

I tried a kneeboard, but it disappeared with the mission. The other programme is this, but you need to open in Admin mode or it crashes:

http://www.dcskneeboardbuilder.com/