Thread: BoBp Map Ex

Default BoBp Map Ex

Initial map extend released, it is the biggest one so far (I think) and certainly will be the most populated

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...comment-618203

Blog Entries

Default Re: BoBp Map Ex

It reminds me of a fairly small map in Il-2 1946. It was hell to navigate since everything looked the same. Just like the eastern part of France in Cliffs of Dover or the Stalingrad map in BoS.
    But I am looking forward to it as green will replace the brown of the Stalingrad and Moscow maps
    The Kuban map might still retrain its status as my favorite map as there will be access to the sea.

With the addition of some of the more boring 1939-40 planes, this would be a great map for early war fights. But I doubt that we will get the Hurricane, Blenheim , the Moran 406 or some of the other French planes.

It would also be easier for the developers to move make a new overlapping map. Just move the map ½ to the south-west and we could have a Battle of France. The work would on be half as half of it could be copied.
    Just fantasizing
    "....Perspective only comes from knowing more than you need to know"
    - Chris Kubasik
    "But ignorence still prevails" -Starfire

Quote Originally Posted by Marsh EAF19 View Post
    Initial map extend released, it is the biggest one so far (I think) and certainly will be the most populated

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...comment-618203

I have the book "Jagdeschwader 53 January 1944 – May 1945" of Jochen Prien
    and the book "Jagdgeschwader 26 [WarDiary vol.2]" of Donald Caldwell,
    where the operation Bodenplatte is fully explained with pilots interviews too..
    I highly recommend them..

The lure is still a VR Tempest Mk V, more than any map, for me. It’ll be great making sure the D9 doesn’t have everything it’s own way!
    Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to.
    "That's some catch, that Catch-22," he observed.
    "It's the best there is," Doc Daneeka agreed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EAF79_OD View Post
    The lure is still a VR Tempest Mk V, more than any map, for me. It’ll be great making sure the D9 doesn’t have everything it’s own way!
    I hope they add working drop tanks by then. Especially the Tempest as it is a gas guzzler
    "....Perspective only comes from knowing more than you need to know"
    - Chris Kubasik
    "But ignorence still prevails" -Starfire

It would also be easier for the developers to move make a new overlapping map. Just move the map ½ to the south-west and we could have a Battle of France. The work would on be half as half of it could be copied.
    Just fantasizing
    I suggested just that but Black Six said they chose the Holland area for the 1945 element