Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any meeting planned for this autumn?

Default Any meeting planned for this autumn?

Me and my GF is thinking about taking a trip to Italy this autumn (maybe october), absolutely nothing is set yet, but if you have a meeting planned sometime in that rough timeframe it could be fun to meet some 51 pilots.

"The more thy sweat in training,
    The less thy bleed in combat!"

Default Re: Any meeting planned for this autumn?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikke View Post
    Me and my GF is thinking about taking a trip to Italy this autumn (maybe october), absolutely nothing is set yet, but if you have a meeting planned sometime in that rough timeframe it could be fun to meet some 51 pilots.

Where will you go?

Hey Mikke we haven’t planned anything yet!

usually we have a meeting in summer and the christmas lunch in late november...

but if you tell us your plans we can orgqnize a mini meeting!

VEF - Bellum- Seow Marianes - Seow Crete - Seow Stalingrad -Seow Med MultiSector NE Africa/Nw Malta - SOW I II III & IV
    155º Gruppo 51º Stormo
    We will intercept them, shoot them down and drink some grappa afterwards! Woah!

Quote Originally Posted by EAF_T_Hayate View Post
    Where will you go?
    Nothing decided, I'm thinking more likely the northern/middle parts of Italy, maybe down to Rimini or so. Timeframe is around October, not sure if it will be a whole week or a long weekend.

Even if no meeting planned please give me a phone call in advance, so we can meet, after long time!
    There is a nice airplane museum just beside Malpensa Airport, and I believe we can at least spend half a day there.

MILITIA EST VITA HOMINIS SUPER TERRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Bear_EAF51 View Post
    Even if no meeting planned please give me a phone call in advance, so we can meet, after long time!
    There is a nice airplane museum just beside Malpensa Airport, and I believe we can at least spend half a day there.
    Roger that Bear, would be nice! Still not totally sure there will be a trip, but I think I should be able to say for sure in late june or so. I'll get back to you (all) when we have decided.
    How late in the year can one hope for decent weather in northern/middle Italy (defining decent as not too much rain and 15 deg C or above)?

How late in the year can one hope for decent weather in northern/middle Italy (defining decent as not too much rain and 15 deg C or above)?
    I believe at least until end of October. Nevertheles October couls be still hot some year (20 °) or a little colder (15°).
    Last year I went motorbiking in Sardinia end of october and the weather was fantastic. We can still swim in the sea. But the previous week it was raining. So a little of luck does not damage...

MILITIA EST VITA HOMINIS SUPER TERRAM

Sounds good, might be early/mid October, we'll see.

The Trieste Barcolana is in mid-October and is quite fun if you were around the north-west.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsh EAF19 View Post
    The Trieste Barcolana is in mid-October and is quite fun if you were around the north-west.
    Regatta? Isn't it just crowded?