Thread: What Joystick for £80 ish ?

Default What Joystick for £80 ish ?

Hi guys,
    As a former player, I am now considering getting my (very rusty) butt back to a bit of simming with BoS.
    Newly upgraded PC should be up to the task (one hopes !) but I find myself without a joystick.
    I have been considering the Thrustmaster HOTAS 4 as 1) it can also be used on my PS4, and 2) Looks OK for the money.
    But any advice of do/don't! and/or alternatives will taken on board and mulled over

The PS4 compatibility isn't a major consideration, more a bonus, So PC only sticks are fine.

S/L, X/O of 41 Wing, T/O EAF79_OD's Avatar

Default Re: What Joystick for £80 ish ?

Hi,
    I'd recommend this:
    Thrustmaster T.1600 HOTAS
    It's a little over your budget but can be bought in two separate pieces to spread the cost

OD
    Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to.
    "That's some catch, that Catch-22," he observed.
    "It's the best there is," Doc Daneeka agreed.

Hmm Seems to have mostly positive reviews and be a worthwhile upgrade over the one I was looking at, think I may get one of those, Thanks OD

One thing I'd check before you buy, is whether it has a twist grip. I'm not sure. In which case you would need pedals to go with it. Sorry, I should have checked before hand.

EDIT: Just checked...it does have twist grip and is PS4 compatible
    Last edited by EAF79_OD; 2018-04-18 at 11:42.
    Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to.

Ordered
    I knew it had a twist grip, just unsure if its analogue or digital, also has the paddles on the throttle.
    I didn't know it was PS4 compatible, are you sure ? If so that's a bonus

Pretty sure I read it on the Amazon page...I just had a moment of dread this morning that it might be like the Warthog and have no rudder!