Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover BLITZ Now Available!

Default Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover BLITZ Now Available!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmi EAF51 View Post
    Intresting
    do you have a link?
    i would see more comments!
    Here you go Jimmi:
    http://www.stormofwar.org/phpBB3/vie...=6493&start=10

Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to.
    "That's some catch, that Catch-22," he observed.
    "It's the best there is," Doc Daneeka agreed.

Flt/Lt, Ground crew (but flying RoF) EAF310_Arturo's Avatar

Downloaded and installed CoD BLITZ, and - voila - it works. Previous version of the Cliffs of Dover refused to connect. I am really rusty and my online flying equipment is hidden somewhere in box... but at least theoretically I can be back flying next year. I miss the EAF community. Right now most of my online time is consumed by EVE online.

Storm of War is testing at the moment...

Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to.
    "That's some catch, that Catch-22," he observed.
    "It's the best there is," Doc Daneeka agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by EAF310_Arturo View Post
    Downloaded and installed CoD BLITZ, and - voila - it works. Previous version of the Cliffs of Dover refused to connect. I am really rusty and my online flying equipment is hidden somewhere in box... but at least theoretically I can be back flying next year. I miss the EAF community. Right now most of my online time is consumed by EVE online.
    Good to hear Arturo! Hope to see you in the air in a not too distant future.

"The more thy sweat in training,
    The less thy bleed in combat!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EAF310_Arturo View Post
    Great news Arturo

Never break the formation into less than two-ship elements

Sorry for the production of negative vibrations.......,...but the Blitz version only launches with the message here: "your colour scheme has been changed..." and then: nothing. (sometimes I see the IL2-CLOD BLITZ logo.)
    The game wouldnt launch.
    I don't know exactly what the problem is.
    I was able to get the game launched a couple of times leaving away TIR.
    Somehow there is a conflict produced.
    I know I'm not the only 1.
    Hope they look into that prob soon.

I recently installed Blitz which went OK and the game launches OK. For the novelty I flew around in a Beaufighter and tested a Spitfire, both offline, but haven't really had a chance to check things out fully.

The flight characteristics of the Spit seem to have changed, the engine sound is more raucous and the guns perhaps more realistic. I find that the engine sound only moves from the idle sound to the roar once the throttle is quite forward, which I find disconcerting - there doesn't seem to be any progressivity - but again I need to fly a bit more to check this again. Taxying is more delicate than before even when using my Spit control column and integrated brake lever. I find the aircraft rolls a lot (more than before) when taxying on grass (tested at Hawkinge), so I don't know where they removed the bumps - I will check Westhampnett which is reputed very bumpy.

I found that distant clouds do tend to appear which is an improvement, but I have not yet checked if they have repaired the rivers turning into lakes at altitude.

My screen overlay settings have all gone back to default, so I need to read up on how to copy the old ones or to do the set up again.

Conclusion : I have not (yet) experienced any major problems but need to fly a lot more to check out the improvements.

My old version is still installed and working. On multiplayer I see at least two servers TWC Mission Server A (TF 4.312) and Skies-of-Valor.

Sorry to see that SOW is giving up CloD / Blitz at least for the moment.

Don't believe that I have sufficient experience to represent EAF at the TS chat with developers.
    "Sit and spin the fire". Extract from Topsy Turvey Land, a poem by William Brighty Rands.
    "In the bar everyone knows what they should have done - the problem is in applying it in the heat of the action". F Barthe RIP