Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover BLITZ Now Available!

Default IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover BLITZ Now Available!

After two weeks its avaliable

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...ble-full-list/

Updating now

Stevie
    Target 4 'o' clock low

Default Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover BLITZ Now Available!

Useful guide on how to install and issues.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/index...ttach_id=37393

Downloading right now!

"The more thy sweat in training,
    The less thy bleed in combat!"

Wow, quite a bit different then I expected in many ways. I didn't manage to get "fps start show" to work (maybe I put it in wrong), but as far as I could tell, I had no framerate issues whatsoever even when flying low over London. Not highest settings for everything, but most things.
    Controls will need some more trimming, some of them is reversed to what I'm used to, but that's mostly on me (you do need to set up everything again though). So far I have only flown offline against AI or without opposition (sight-seeing London), but I think there will be a slight learning curve, nothing like going to DCS, but don't expect it to be the same as it used to be in CoD.

Overall, I'm quite happy with it, only negative I've seen so far (except for some adjustment issues) is that the Spitfire still doesn't want to loose speed when landing unless you go really funky with the prop-pitch.

Good work TF!

"The more thy sweat in training,
    The less thy bleed in combat!"

I can't get it to launch. Tried all sorts, nothing is working. Not got the patience at the moment, too tired having been up since 3 and it's a game I've lost interest in.
    Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to.
    "That's some catch, that Catch-22," he observed.
    "It's the best there is," Doc Daneeka agreed.

Saw this on Steam news just now...

Why the FUDGE have they made it a separate install for existing CloD owners??? Surely they must realise that if you've got the sim, you've probably got years of skins, missions,campaigns, sodding convergence settings that you might like to keep?

Apart from Beau, a 110 with giant cannon, what is actually the difference between this and latest TF patch? (was hoping for VR myself)
    [SIG][SIG]

It's a damn good job they're in the RAF, otherwise they'd be all out there blowing up banks. (Derek Robinson, 'Piece of Cake')

No VR until TF 5.0
    There are improvements, there is new sound. The airfields no longer have the random holes that smash your plane to bits without warning. The clouds are, meant to be, improved. There's a meant to be a lot of bug fixes. It's meant to be the final free fix that should have been released ages ago. The Hurricane can also carry some bombs, though not looked into what kind yet, but I wouldn't get too excited about it!
    Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to.

A review from Dietrich...
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin (Dietrich)
    I've been flying every evening since "Blitz" came out and was on it again yesterday evening. There are two major faults as far as I am concerned.

1. The game has poor performance. The lags and stutters are appalling. I've managed to get the FPS improved, but it is the sporadic glitches and de-sync'ing that remain problematic. This is not just a one-off, and it is independent of the server and independent of the time-of-day/week. Servers have lowered their player-limit cap, but it is not making much difference. I see the effects even if only 10-15 pilots are online. It supports the idea that TFS were given old un-optimsed source code and that they never stress-tested multiplayer servers before release. In any case, this low game coherence makes MP unworkable.

2. AI behaviour remains woeful. This is everything from aircraft taxiing randomly around airfields, or simply sitting there idle without despawning, to aircraft flying in seemingly-unphysical ways (e.g. stalling upwards). The AI gunners remain bi-modal and aircraft do not react to damage or evade. This makes SP unworkable, but it also harms the MP scene, when you are trying to enrichen the world with other units, to make it feel less empty, and to give it campaign depth. Given the numerically weak community, we need AI more than even to sustain campaigns and scenarios.

That said, some things in "Blitz" have definitely improved. There are certainly some bug fixes which are great. The Ju 88 now has correct prop-pitch, and also the auto-pilot has been corrected. For bomber pilots, this is fantastic. (I pointed this out as a nice feature to add to BoX and had my thread locked down by the developer!)

Other things remain unfixed. E.g. the gun rings on the Ju 88 (esp. C-Stand) do not work, which is quite a limitation. Br20M start-up is quirky. He-111 engine performance (esp. at SC-transition) is wrong. The sounds are no longer as good. Some irritating map bugs remain. There is no aircraft procedures documentation. But these are all things I can live with.

It will be interesting to see if TFS intend to deal with the issues.

• Will there be a CloD v4.6 or some other mini-patch/hot-fix?
    • Will the problems be tackled as part of the work on the completely separate CloD v5.0 game?
    • Or was that the end-of-the line for CloD?

Personally, I think that the new release is quite a set-back. The issues need addressing immediately. It is unlikely that we will be waiting until CloD v5.0 in 2019? 2020?
    Sounds like they made a pigs ear of it.

Quote Originally Posted by EAF79_OD View Post
    A review from Dietrich...

Sounds like they made a pigs ear of it.

Intresting
    do you have a link?
    i would see more comments!

VEF - Bellum- Seow Marianes - Seow Crete - Seow Stalingrad -Seow Med MultiSector NE Africa/Nw Malta - SOW I II III & IV
    155º Gruppo 51º Stormo
    We will intercept them, shoot them down and drink some grappa afterwards! Woah!

Personally speaking I’ve had no real issues with apart from online the lag can be horrendous. It if you look over at the ATAG forums there’s plenty of people with all sorts of problems, this is why it should have been an open Beta test not just a select few, even the ATAG server has been limited to 60, which is a shocker
    Everyone has been asked to adjust the internet settings to 57k, which is another f..up,
    Also the brakes on the Spit and Hurricane have changed. No toe brakes you have to set a brake button and steer with peddles and it doesn’t turn so quick now apart from this and a couple of other things it’s playable

Stevie
    Target 4 'o' clock low