Thread: Thanks for hosting OD!

Default Thanks for hosting OD!

I'm really starting to like the F-86, just have to remember how to and to change my loadout.

Tried 1.5.4 beta a little yesterday before flying on OD's server, can't say I noticed any huge difference, biggest thing was that I can't look behind properly in it. If I look as far back as I can and zoom in, I can only see as far back as the wingtip on the F-86. Probably correct if you're strapped down tight in your seat, but felt a bit weird.

"The more thy sweat in training,
    The less thy bleed in combat!"

S/L, X/O of 41 Wing, T/O EAF79_OD's Avatar

Default Re: Thanks for hosting OD!

No problem

There is a thread about Track IR issues with the beta here
    http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=169026
    It's got to quite a few pages, and I've only just started reading it, so not seen a fix yet. I'll let you know what I find. Some people are reporting it with the Vive and OR too, but I've not had a problem. I can say that it is hard to look much further back using OR.

I think the beta is aimed at more background stuff and VR support. The mission editor gets a lot of work, but I've not tried it out yet. I think they're trying to get it up to date more than anything. There have been updates to some of the flight models, but I don't think the F-86 was one of them as I think it's finished now
    Last edited by EAF79_OD; 2016-06-28 at 08:56.
    Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to.
    "That's some catch, that Catch-22," he observed.
    "It's the best there is," Doc Daneeka agreed.

S/L, X/O of 41 Wing, T/O EAF79_OD's Avatar

Default Re: Thanks for hosting OD!

Here's the fix

Quote Originally Posted by SkateZilla View Post
    Updates to head tracking functions/features...

Eitherway, the issue isnt the controller itself,

But the Workaround to use the old controller works for me:

Opening:
    /DCS WORLD/CONFIG/INPUT/AIRCRAFTS/DEFAULT/trackir/default.lua

and Changing it to the following Resolves the trackir having an offset:
    Code:
    return {
    axisCommands = {
    -- TrackIR axes
    {combos = {{key = 'TRACKIR_PITCH'}},	action = iCommandViewVerticalAbs	, name = _('Absolute Camera Vertical View')},
    {combos = {{key = 'TRACKIR_YAW'}},  	action = iCommandViewHorizontalAbs		, name = _('Absolute Camera Horizontal View')},
    {combos = {{key = 'TRACKIR_ROLL'}}, 	action = iCommandViewRollAbs		, name = _('Absolute Roll Shift Camera View')},

{combos = {{key = 'TRACKIR_X'}}, 		action = iCommandViewHorTransAbs		, name = _('Absolute Horizontal Shift Camera View')},
    {combos = {{key = 'TRACKIR_Y'}}, 		action = iCommandViewVertTransAbs		, name = _('Absolute Vertical Shift Camera View')},
    {combos = {{key = 'TRACKIR_Z'}}, 		action = iCommandViewLongitudeTransAbs		, name = _('Absolute Longitude Shift Camera View')},
    {combos = nil, 	action = iCommandViewZoomAbs			, name = _('Zoom View')},
    },
    }
    Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to.
    "That's some catch, that Catch-22," he observed.
    "It's the best there is," Doc Daneeka agreed.