Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81516171819 LastLast

Thread: The 41 no show thread!

Default Re: The 41 no show thread!

Off ops in BoS from 10 oct UFN due to tech issues with head tracking. Track IR 5 ordered will come back when installed and tested.

Current rig works OK in CloD so will fly there on 12 Oct
    "Sit and spin the fire". Extract from Topsy Turvey Land, a poem by William Brighty Rands.
    "In the bar everyone knows what they should have done - the problem is in applying it in the heat of the action". F Barthe RIP

Off duty from october 15 till october 19, business trip.

Have gotten the annual autumn cold, so...

"The more thy sweat in training,
    The less thy bleed in combat!"

Blog Entries

Unable! Moving the last load for my X.
    "....Perspective only comes from knowing more than you need to know"
    - Chris Kubasik
    "But ignorence still prevails" -Starfire

Topsy reporting back for duty, new TrackIR 5 seems to work fine in IL2 BoS, CloD and DCS.

NB Will be off flying from 27-31 Oct 2017 due to sailing regatta in SW France.
    "Sit and spin the fire". Extract from Topsy Turvey Land, a poem by William Brighty Rands.
    "In the bar everyone knows what they should have done - the problem is in applying it in the heat of the action". F Barthe RIP

Blog Entries

Sorry for no-show yesterday. I fell a sleep on the sofa
    - Chris Kubasik

Blog Entries

No show tonight.
    - Chris Kubasik

Me neither. The coming months it will be hit or miss for me, just bought a new apartment and we have plenty of work to do before we move in, then there will be work to fix the old/current apartment before we sell it. Fortunately the new apartment is just across the courtyard, so it's quick to go work a bit (which my gf is doing at the moment, I better get to work as well!).

Wallpaper have been taken down in the living room and the master bedroom. 2/3rd of the way in the small bedroom (aka my future mancave/flying/reloading room), and 1/3 of the way in the hallway. Now we just have to finish up the mentioned rooms, and the kitchen... I just hope we have finished before christmas. So, flying will continue to be spotty to be optimistic.

I'm extremely busy at the moment preparing two exhibitions in December where on top of my artwork i'm trying to get the production version of my sim kit ready for show and live demos. I have managed to be the first artist to exhibit in the military hospital in Paris where 3000 military & civil pilots go for their medical check-ups, so its a great opportunity to be there for both December & January. I have also rented a small boutique in Paris for 3 weeks with my artist wife, so I will be rushing from one to the other.

This mostly means that I will have to unplug my pc, screen etc to set these up in the different locations for the demos, so it is likely that I won't be plugged in at home for flying nights this side of Xmas.

In the last few weeks I have been fairly "no-show" (apologies) as I have been upgrading my prototype to production standard as the re-designed parts come off the 3D printer. To simplify the wiring we have recently decided to use two USB controllers, one for the column & spade grip, the other for the port side cockpit coaming controls, so I will soon be taking my faithful prototype apart (again) to rewire and test the new set-up.

I expect to be able to deliver the first production kit to an EAF pilot before Christmas !

So while i'm off ops, have fun and with any luck i'll catch up with you during the Xmas break.