Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's fly!

Default Re: Let's fly!

My mic is always muted when alone in channel or when on phone, ect...

I use voice activation so mute is push to be silent for me

Muted still makes me able to hear on speakers and just swap to headset when someone to speak to is online, see headset is kind of hot during summer in CRO, so I avoid using it until it's required. That is why i got both, ClipPro and baseball hat for TIR
    "Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if both are frozen." - Edward V. Berard.

I'm not that advanced

Flt/Lt, X/O of OTU Apollo_EAF331's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Im on line now!!!!!! with stuntman..

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie EAF19 View Post
    I'm not that advanced
    I think you're selling yourself short there mate.

I know some things come more easy to us that literally grown up with PC sticking out of our rears, but if you can master areal combat and HOTAS setup, you can master any other PC program for sure. You just need to want to think of creative ways to use them to suit your needs. If you don't feel creative enough on any particular Sunday, just ask google
    "Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if both are frozen." - Edward V. Berard.

Blog Entries

My apologies as well. I got caught up down town and ended up back home at 22:00 my time. I guess that was too late for some of you guys. Better luck tomorrow as I dont have any plans as of now.
    Please advise me if you want to play.

E.

S/L, X/O of 41 Wing Stuntman_EAF331's Avatar

Thanks for the great fun guys! Have never been so successful in ROF before. Lots of action, always two Jerries on my tail, and 3 shootdows in the same sortie.... The Camel is my friend, the Dolphin is just meat.

"Alt for Norge! - All for Norway!" - King Haakon VII.
    My YouTube channel and EAF videos

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntman_EAF331 View Post
    Thanks for the great fun guys! Have never been so successful in ROF before. Lots of action, always two Jerries on my tail, and 3 shootdows in the same sortie.... The Camel is my friend, the Dolphin is just meat.
    You were unstoppable Stunt! It was a difficult job being your enemy today. You're becoming an expert Camel pilot.. Good job.

Yeah Camel is best Entente plane when you factor in speed, turn and firepower. But I still make way too many mistakes flying it, especially against other expert Camel pilots. They force me into stalls and spins because they seem to have found the way to push it way better then I can. Some say it's due to force feedback implementation in ROF that give early enough warning when you approach stall speed.

Can't test that theory since I don't have FF but since ROF is such a chaotic fight when more then single opponent is involved, this might really be quite helpful as watching into gauge for speed is not handy in heat of battle.

Maybe someone with FF stick can comment more on this...

Hehe..don't go into the ROF forums and mention the Camel { or Pup } for that matter, you will end up getting lynched lol, along with the DR1 and Alb's, they are classed as WAY off with the FM's.. far to good .

Camel needs more torque, needs to be slower by about 8-10mph..DR1 needs to be much slower as well, Pup needs to neutered as its climb, top speed and handling are off below 16000ft ..and then again, the Albs needs to be much faster

The Camel is closer to true when you fly it with 100% fuel..but then again, 777 mucked up the size of the fuel tank and made it larger { they used the prototype drawings for the game } ..80% is closer to the true fuel loadout of the aircraft.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EAF602_Puff View Post
    Hehe..don't go into the ROF forums and mention the Camel { or Pup } for that matter, you will end up getting lynched lol, along with the DR1 and Alb's, they are classed as WAY off with the FM's.. far to good .

Camel needs more torque, needs to be slower by about 8-10mph..DR1 needs to be much slower as well, Pup needs to neutered as its climb, top speed and handling are off below 16000ft ..and then again, the Albs needs to be much faster

The Camel is closer to true when you fly it with 100% fuel..but then again, 777 mucked up the size of the fuel tank and made it larger { they used the prototype drawings for the game } ..80% is closer to the true fuel loadout of the aircraft.
    Thats what I used to fly with.. Then I chose 60% and I was still slaughtered.. Now I use 20-25% and I can hold my own against seasoned opponents, but not against DR1 aces. No way!
    DR1 is also easier with 20% fuel load, but still hard for me to control. But at least it recovers nice once stalled..