Thread: 4.12 Release

Flt/Lt, X/O of 19

Default Re: 4.12 Release

Nice one Charlie

Ground crew EAF51, F/O EAF51_Storm's Avatar

i add the official thread here!

waiting for hsfx update!

before installing the patch save your conf.ini because probably it can be changed by the patch and then you can copy the settings from the previous one. Don't make a copy and past it on the newer because some settings have been added...
    Last edited by EAF51_Storm; 2013-06-18 at 06:40.

Cheers Storm.

I used the M4T link and it took less than 5 mins (235Mb) , no torrent needed either.

4.12 up and running now
    Last edited by Charlie EAF19; 2013-06-18 at 10:38.

Anyone trying this with HSFX 6, or should that be avoided?

EAF19_BAZ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My IL2 1946 website Balkans Campaign score

No Baz

Its to be installed over 4.11/ 4.11.1 only. No doubt the HSFX guys will soon release a compatible modpack for 4.12
    Last edited by Charlie EAF19; 2013-06-18 at 10:54.

Thanking you (from the West Cun'ree) Charles.

EAF19_BAZ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following on from EAF51_Storm's initiative, I thought I would give my initial impressions of the new patch (4.12) for our favourite flight sim' IL2 1946.

Patching from version 4.11.1 was trouble free and soon presented me with a new loading screen, and familiar if widescreen, user interface.
    Once Setup and then Misc settings is clicked, it becomes clear that 4.12 is more than a cosmetic overhaul of existing content and many new features have been added such as new HUD toggles, 6DOF settings, transparent UI settings and my favourite, the full screen map which can be toggled in the much the same way as the mini-map, but transparently over-layed on the whole screen in flight, allowing for simultaneous navigation and flying/combat.

Aside from the new aircraft, in game it becomes clear that the effects have been given a major "revisit" as explosions seem more dramatic and smoke effects and plumes larger. Belly landings now include an earth brown fog that is kicked up on touch down, and the in-flight engine failures are now accompanied by a grey smoke effect, which unlike the black, seems larger and dare I say, more realistic. A nice blue/grey smoke is also emitted on engine start (for the Hurricane at least), along with an all too apparent bluish flame and the old girl seemed even more prepared to roll to an alarming taxiing speed when the throttle was teased forward.

Without HSFX it is a little difficult to assess further improvements as it has been some time since I have used the unmodified 4.11.1 version of IL2, but the general feeling of flight seemed quicker and smoother (?), and the effect of rounds on target, more devastating.

In short some of which I have commented on may have already been present, but I couldn't help feeling a sense of larger, bigger, bolder, polished and refined.

I like it and having spent sometime with the offline Finnish Fighter pilot campaign flying the Hawk against the improved AI, as well as getting my derriere handed to me by the Ace 109 pilots in the QMB, Team Daidalos should be rightly proud and commended for their continued support of our community and IL2 1946.

EAF19_Baz

Thanks chaps, and good write up, Baz.

Thank you Baz, fine report!
    I'll keep the installation as my gift of coming back from holidays.